Need Honda Axle and Side mirror

datechboss101

Reaction score
My 6GA has a front passenger axle leak and the dealership replaced the bad OEM axle with a crappy NAPA axle. And yesterday, we took the car into the dealership and was fixed under warranty, but the SA who also drives a 6GA says that I need to get a Honda Axle. Where would it be ideal to get a Honda Axle, and what are the steps to DIY that? Also, the front passenger side mirror assembly broke (there is a crack where it supposed to hold the mirror backing into the mirror assembly), should I get it from a local junkyard and what are the steps in the process of replacing it in DIY? I would like to get this thing all done probably by end of this week or next week.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Try someone like MajesticHonda.com, or HondaPartsnow.com or e-bay for the axle. I'm sure there are others, but I'd try those places first.
I'd look on e-bay or Rock Auto for the mirror. Maybe Rock 1st, so you have an idea of price before going to e-bay and then factor in the shipping (a lot of e-bay stuff ships free).
I hope this helps.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Try someone like MajesticHonda.com, or HondaPartsnow.com or e-bay for the axle. I'm sure there are others, but I'd try those places first.
I'd look on e-bay or Rock Auto for the mirror. Maybe Rock 1st, so you have an idea of price before going to e-bay and then factor in the shipping (a lot of e-bay stuff ships free).
I hope this helps.

What is the actual term for the front passenger axle called?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Back when I replaced my axles the cheapest I found was at Bernardi parts online. I used Eric the car guy's DIY video to do it myself.

For the mirror I'd try your local junkyards or Ebay/Craigslist.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
What is the actual term for the front passenger axle called?

DriveShaft or Front Drive Axle (RIGHT side)

I just checked all the reputable online Honda and Acura dealers and all of them have jacked all the prices. I picked up a set of 2003 Acura CL-s axles for $150.00 each 2 years ago at ParkAcuraOEM Parts.com. Those will fit your Honda.

Cheapest for a 2003 Acura Right side axle is $316.99 - NEW

BK Honda is asking $300 for remanufactured, WHAT!

Bernardi $332 for 2003 Acura - $441 for 2002 Honda

Majesic Honda - page doesn't come up for that system, so they don't carry it.

Call up Raxles.com and get a price quote for a Honda and the 2003 Acura CL.
If Marty is still there, he is really cool and will get you exactly what you need. Their axles lasted me 5 years before the CV joint went bad on the passenger side. They may still provide a shipping label for you to send back the core. Overall, Raxles.com may be the cheapest solution.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Back when I replaced my axles the cheapest I found was at Bernardi parts online. I used Eric the car guy's DIY video to do it myself.

For the mirror I'd try your local junkyards or Ebay/Craigslist.
DriveShaft or Front Drive Axle (RIGHT side)

I just checked all the reputable online Honda and Acura dealers and all of them have jacked all the prices. I picked up a set of 2003 Acura CL-s axles for $150.00 each 2 years ago at ParkAcuraOEM Parts.com. Those will fit your Honda.

Cheapest for a 2003 Acura Right side axle is $316.99 - NEW

BK Honda is asking $300 for remanufactured, WHAT!

Bernardi $332 for 2003 Acura - $441 for 2002 Honda

Majesic Honda - page doesn't come up for that system, so they don't carry it.

Call up Raxles.com and get a price quote for a Honda and the 2003 Acura CL.
If Marty is still there, he is really cool and will get you exactly what you need. Their axles lasted me 5 years before the CV joint went bad on the passenger side. They may still provide a shipping label for you to send back the core. Overall, Raxles.com may be the cheapest solution.
Alright. Will do and check. Also, thanks for confirming that the part is still available. SA at the stealership said the part was "discontinued".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Connie

Reaction score
I paid $250 Canadian 3 years ago for 2 new axles. They are just some aftermarket axles, but it's been 200k km and I haven't had any problems.....why do you need OEM Honda axles?

As for the mirror, super easy replacement. The worst part is unplugging the wiring and getting it out of the door; there are some plastic tree clips that have to be removed. It's obvious once you have the door panel off.
Pop off the plastic cover inside the car that covers the mirror mounting location (literally just pops off, no fasteners. Use a flat screwdriver with a rag around the end so you don't scratch anything.)
After that it's just 3 bolts and the mirror will come off. Can't remember if they were 8mm or 10mm hex size; I think they were 8.
Make sure you hold onto the mirror as you loosen the last bolt; if you don't it will just fall and scratch the door on its way to the ground.

Back