To swap or not to swap

TB13

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is going to be my first post here and I have some questions.

So here is the situation I am in. I recently purchased a 1999 Accord (4 cyl) and I love it. Recently I began to mess around, trying to drive it as a manual and I have found much enjoyment from the little performance gain and over all enjoyment of driving this way. This made me wonder about a manual transmission swap. A friend of mine has a 91 Accord he is willing to sell me that has the transmission I think I need and most, if not all of the other components I need to do the swap.

So here is my question, is it worth the work? I can get the 91 Accord for $500 then sell its motor and the rest of the car as a roller and probably make back my money, plus it has aftermarket suspension that might fit as well as being 5 lug with aftermarket rims. I will ask for some specifics on the parts and update this post. I am new to this kind of stuff, but from what my friend has told me, these parts should be interchangeable.

What do you guys think? All opinions appreciated.

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Two swap or not to swap

Trans will work, nothing else will.

And...its *to not *two

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score

4 cyl? 6 Cyl? if its a 6 cyl, the only swap-able transmissions are from the 7th gen 6cyl 6spd and the CL-s from Acura and TL 6Spd as well. Its worth it to some people but if you're just doing it to drive a stick, sell the car and buy a manual. Do some searching around here, there is lots of info.

TB13

Reaction score

4 cyl? 6 Cyl? if its a 6 cyl, the only swap-able transmissions are from the 7th gen 6cyl 6spd and the CL-s from Acura and TL 6Spd as well. Its worth it to some people but if you're just doing it to drive a stick, sell the car and buy a manual. Do some searching around here, there is lots of info.

Its a 4cyl, I will add that to the OP.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
two swap or not to swap should be this dude, (to swap or not to swap)

you said 2 swap. not to swap. you said multiple swap or not to swap. you skipped past 1 swap and went to 2. 2 swap.

:huh:

TB13

Reaction score
two swap or not to swap should be this dude, (to swap or not to swap)

you said 2 swap. not to swap. you said multiple swap or not to swap. you skipped past 1 swap and went to 2. 2 swap.

:huh:

I feel like a complete and total idiot right now, after looking over the title a few more times I figure it out...

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

so are you mechanical? this isn't easy to do. I hope you have someone who can help you/a shop to do it all at and not your parents house :lawl:

Back