Help antitheft need to bypass

Calahand87

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to this forum. My Honda Accord was broken into and stolen not sure if they towed it away or drove it but I got it back and the key is gone I lost the before but the ANTITHEFT system key light is on and blinking and I don't know how to bypass it I would like to remove the system all together and just buy an aftermarket ignigion is this possible can anyone help my other vehicle went to my estranged wife so I need this vehicle asap thanks

Accordx

Reaction score
I'm no expert on this but I think you may have to take it to a dealership, someone please correct me if I'm wrong :shrug:

dawg316

Reaction score
you can call the dealership with your vin and they should be able to cut the key and program it with proof of registration

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I'm no expert on this but I think you may have to take it to a dealership, someone please correct me if I'm wrong :shrug:
Yup, because the "anti-theft" is built into the ECU.
My local dealership charges 70 bucks to cut and program a new key, but they need the vehicle present to do so.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
.....I don't know how to bypass it I would like to remove the system all together

This is possible. It is simple and FREE, but doing so will throw a CEL.

If you have to pass emissions with an OBDII scan or State Tech Inspection, you will never pass if you go that route. You can go back to "normal" but you will have to spend some money to do so.

I can send you a PM if you want to go that route. Let me know in this thread.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to this forum. My Honda Accord was broken into and stolen not sure if they towed it away or drove it but I got it back and the key is gone I lost the before but the ANTITHEFT system key light is on and blinking and I don't know how to bypass it I would like to remove the system all together and just buy an aftermarket ignigion is this possible can anyone help my other vehicle went to my estranged wife so I need this vehicle asap thanks

I was going to ask how they moved the car, since you need the key to actually fire it up due to the immobilizer circuit. I've only heard of this happening once, and it was because the guy forgot where he parked, and got a ride home from a friend that night (he was out drinking).

98acclude

Reaction score
I ran into this issue when I was doing my h22 swap.. I was an idiot and didnt do my research when I started and buought the usdm ecu with the immobilizer on it and as you imagined it failed but the jdm ecu doesnt have an immobilizer on it so now if if need a key I just go to the dealership and give em 5 bucks for a door key and it works for me... maybe, if you plan on up grading it you could just get a jdm ecu or go obd1. but that's all work in itself depending on what your plans are for this car.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I ran into this issue when I was doing my h22 swap.. I was an idiot and didnt do my research when I started and buought the usdm ecu with the immobilizer on it and as you imagined it failed but the jdm ecu doesnt have an immobilizer on it so now if if need a key I just go to the dealership and give em 5 bucks for a door key and it works for me... maybe, if you plan on up grading it you could just get a jdm ecu or go obd1. but that's all work in itself depending on what your plans are for this car.

It was 7 bucks at the dealer for my 5th gen Accord, and they wanted to see proof of ownership. They cut the key according to the VIN of the car.

Back