Valve cover breather filter

Jacob

Reaction score
Agree with above replace your pcv valve if your getting oil in the intake. When i bought my accord it had a breather, i removed and routed a new hose back to my aftermarket intake. If you put one on and the pcv valve is clogged you will get oil seepage out the filter. This was on a f23 no different than the j30 though. As for your misfire im guessing you have a j30 for sure check the egr valve they get carbon build up. If it ia thw j30 pull the intake manifold and there is a small port you will need to clean out as it clogs with carbon as well. If my memory is correct the port is close to the throttle body on the bottom. Very easy to remove both and clean, one piece of advice if the port on the intake manifold is clogged all the way sometimes you need to use a very small drill bit to break it up. Dont go to deep if you must and remember to clean the intake with carb cleaner very good. Hope this helps you out
I replaced the pcv valve earlier and it made no difference. My old one still rattled but only about 30% of the new AutoZone pcv valve

I have the f23a in my accord. It just came to me that the guys who swapped it for me said they had to transplant some stuff. I have a strong feeling one of them was the intake manifold. If it's this then I'm leaving to the tps and dirty passages. Can anyone confirm what all gets reused from old engine when doing f23a1 to f23a on a 98 sedan?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Accordx

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm not reading this carefully enough but it's just a swap right? Not a rebuilt engine? Also I believe the only variations of the f23 you're gonna get are the f23a1 and f23a4 (ulev) unless you got an f23a5 out of a dx (I've never seen someone with one of these) or an f23a7 out of a different car or maybe I'm just being dumb. All are pretty similar, most of the a1 and a4 parts are interchangeable for sure, so no matter what you've got it should be the same intake manifold as far as I know (probably some variation in restriction but same fit).

Jacob

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm not reading this carefully enough but it's just a swap right? Not a rebuilt engine? Also I believe the only variations of the f23 you're gonna get are the f23a1 and f23a4 (ulev) unless you got an f23a5 out of a dx (I've never seen someone with one of these) or an f23a7 out of a different car or maybe I'm just being dumb. All are pretty similar, most of the a1 and a4 parts are interchangeable for sure, so no matter what you've got it should be the same intake manifold as far as I know (probably some variation in restriction but same fit).
It's not rebuild. The f23a is the JDM variant of f23a1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
I believe if i remember right with the f23a swap the intake manifold needed to be swapped with the manifold from the a1 or a4 for one reason or another. Not postive its been awhile since ive seen post on here about it. I know somethings were different. Search on here for post on the f23a or jdm f23.

Back