Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > General > Off Topic > Life Lessons

Life Lessons Members discussing how to deal with aspects of the daily grind

Register to remove these ads

Old 02-18-2009, 02:43 AM
Points: 32,232, Level: 55 Points: 32,232, Level: 55 Points: 32,232, Level: 55
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

talontsiawd has their shit togethertalontsiawd has their shit togethertalontsiawd has their shit togethertalontsiawd has their shit together
Re: JMillerF23A1's Online Dating Experience....

Originally Posted by jbisselwhiteac6 View Post
That is So true I never really though about it
Well, as Justin said, the application is pretty intense on it's own for eHarmony. It took me a minute to admit to some friends that is how I met my current girlfriend (of a week lol) and I found that 2 of my friends applied and were denied from it. Myspace is much more like "regular" dating but just more "accessible". With eharmony, you have to do some work to get to a date. I chose to really put myself out there in a way that wouldn't exactly be appropriate for something like myspace. I found a real down to earth chick that i look forward to talking to and seeing when we can. If I found the same girl on myspace, it would have worked out much differently. Not saying one is better than the other, i'm still a bit weirded out not doing "traditional dating" but it's worked thus far for me. I did start dating the first women I started talking to, coincidentally, so that makes it even more odd. But yeah, it's a different scene for sure, you do have to pay and it isn't cheap.

Justin, i wish i could pass off some of my new ones to you lol. I got some hotties but i guess i have a GF right now. I am a **** but my mentality is i paid so i want to see who i could have had.

Last edited by talontsiawd; 02-18-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Points: 6,785, Level: 24 Points: 6,785, Level: 24 Points: 6,785, Level: 24

SpEeD LuNaTiKz is an unknown quantity at this point

Know how it goes when the girl is in to you way more then you are in to her, its hard to tell them to since you don't want to hurt them since most of them I am friends with still just didn't go towards a relationship. Hope you guys all have good luck, my last two girls I met were strike outs since they both had b/f's but failed to metion that lol and of course they were being all flirty and stuff and then they drop the bomb lol, one even told me she thought her bf was playing for the other team since they things he does are very femanete(Spelling) he does girly things. Well good luck to you guys hope you can find some good people.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Points: 32,232, Level: 55 Points: 32,232, Level: 55 Points: 32,232, Level: 55

talontsiawd has their shit togethertalontsiawd has their shit togethertalontsiawd has their shit togethertalontsiawd has their shit together

I have had a healthy long term relationship with a chick that I was more into at first than she was to me. Sometimes physical attraction isn't instant but a connection is. That's the situation I am in and the girl I met is now my girlfriend, and she's much more attractive now than the first time I met her.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Points: 3,118, Level: 16 Points: 3,118, Level: 16 Points: 3,118, Level: 16

chasnsx is an unknown quantity at this point

One of life's great truisms is that women change in appearance over time. My wife was 110 lbs when we met nearly ten years ago. I'm not one to speak negatively about a woman's weight, so let's just say she is a lot more curvaceous than she was back then.

So you can look for a hottie, but if she turns out to be your soulmate, that hot bod of hers is not going to stay hot forever.

Chas
Old 03-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Points: 29,912, Level: 53 Points: 29,912, Level: 53 Points: 29,912, Level: 53

LoveLee should be someone you can trustLoveLee should be someone you can trustLoveLee should be someone you can trust

you guys need to stop judging girls solely on appearance.

and justin, with the 2nd girl u said that u didnt have any problems holding a conversation and u liked her before you met her. maybe if u had given her another chance u might have been able to move past how she looks. great girls dont come around that often.

Awesome dipped in awesome, covered in b!tch sprinkles. Yep, that's me.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Points: 57,493, Level: 74 Points: 57,493, Level: 74 Points: 57,493, Level: 74

CrosCntryAccord has their shit togetherCrosCntryAccord has their shit togetherCrosCntryAccord has their shit togetherCrosCntryAccord has their shit together
Send a message via AIM to CrosCntryAccord

i think LA may have a point for once
Old 03-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Points: 29,912, Level: 53 Points: 29,912, Level: 53 Points: 29,912, Level: 53

LoveLee should be someone you can trustLoveLee should be someone you can trustLoveLee should be someone you can trust

i just want you guys to see that its not always about looks, like most of you make it seem. could be passing up an amazing person, because they are fat or ugly.

and ryry, i dont know you very well. but there are other guys on here, including justin, that i know deserve someone just as awesome as they are. but they might not find that person in the body they are looking for. its a shame, cuz some of those people will never be happy.

Awesome dipped in awesome, covered in b!tch sprinkles. Yep, that's me.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Read the rules

Points: 35,883, Level: 58 Points: 35,883, Level: 58 Points: 35,883, Level: 58

Wildman is a name known to allWildman is a name known to allWildman is a name known to allWildman is a name known to allWildman is a name known to allWildman is a name known to allWildman is a name known to all
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via AIM to Wildman

Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
Guys, quit hijacking Justin's thread. Take it to the shoutbox thread or create a new one, this one had a stated purpose that you guys have kind of wandered from
Originally Posted by Sketch o5 View Post
since when did justins thread, about JUSTINS experiences, become a chat thread?
Originally Posted by FlipStylie View Post
That's what I'm sayin!! I saw this thread updated and I thought Justin had more stories... I ran, got my popcorn, and was thoroughly dissapointed...
Thread's been cleaned up a bit, kept going after everyone was asked to stop. please don't clutter this up so that people that are actually wanting to follow up with Justin can do so without going through a bunch of pages of chat. Hope things pick up for you too Ryan but not fair to hijack this thread

umm... I don't drive an Accord anymore

Last edited by Wildman; 03-02-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Grillin' rape steaks

Points: 69,072, Level: 81 Points: 69,072, Level: 81 Points: 69,072, Level: 81

JMillerUA6 is a name known to allJMillerUA6 is a name known to allJMillerUA6 is a name known to allJMillerUA6 is a name known to allJMillerUA6 is a name known to allJMillerUA6 is a name known to allJMillerUA6 is a name known to allJMillerUA6 is a name known to all
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via AIM to JMillerUA6

HOLY **** you guys *****d the **** out of my thread. (I lol'd though)

For now the search for my other half has been put on hold. Right now I'm waiting to see what is going to happen with this job with the FAA. It wouldn't be fair for me to get into a relationship with someone now, if I'm going to have to go to OKC for training for three months and then move to NH afterwards.

Let me just make a couple points though.

I read through the comments over the past 24 hours. First, John, thanks for the uplifting words. Second, Leeann, I agree with you to an extent, and call me shallow if you want, but I don't consider it shallow to want to date someone I find physically attractive. Yes the couple girls I went out with had good personalities, and were great to talk to but I wasn't physically attracted to them. If I forced myself to deal with the fact that I wasn't physically attracted to them, I can honestly tell you later it would end up not working. On the flip side, if I went out wit a beautiful girl that was dumb as a stump I wouldn't find her attractive either.

In my own personal opinion you're wrong. It's not shallow to want someone you find both physically and mentally attractive. I mean, do you find Ray physically attractive and mentally stimulating? Did you compromise in either area? NO ONE should have to compromise on either one. When people "compromise" or "settle" for something less than what they want, it can make people have reservations about their decision, and in some cases might even subconsciously spark a resentment toward the other person because they aren't living up to your expectations.

We all have our own idea of what "attractive" is, and no one, under any circumstances should settle for less than what they deserve.

And I wont.

I'll allow responses to this post......
Old 03-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Points: 57,493, Level: 74 Points: 57,493, Level: 74 Points: 57,493, Level: 74

CrosCntryAccord has their shit togetherCrosCntryAccord has their shit togetherCrosCntryAccord has their shit togetherCrosCntryAccord has their shit together
Send a message via AIM to CrosCntryAccord

so back to the topic, any news on the dating front Justin?