stock Accords?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
who out there has a stock Accord?

Desires that it -stays- stock?

I just feel that I'm going the way that engineers desired, but cash-counting dip****s changed...the car is pretty good at doing about everything stock...

CokeZero

Reaction score
Mine is pretty stock. will stay close to stock but won't look stock when im done, so I guess not me lol.

vorin

Reaction score
Mine's pretty stock.

Nothing changed in the engine bay except a no-longer-used fuse box for an amplifier (http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20181).

Just tint, head unit, speaker replacement, short shifter, leather shift boot (rather than vinyl,) and some LED bulb replacements (all simple ones like map lights, courtesy lights, and license plate.

She's about to roll over 200k, but she's still young at heart.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The only thing these cars did catastrophically bad was auto trans operation/detonation (in many cases). And they had a lot of wheel gap, but a lot of cars probably did back then I guess. Otherwise, pretty solid for the most part.

My car is probably half Accord/half CL-S at this point. It’s been fun but I’ll never modify another car to this level again. Next car will be mostly stock, maybe a drop, some wheels, and other light mods like bolt on performance and altered lighting. No way I’d do a drivetrain swap again lol.

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score
^and accidentally installing lift kits.

honda-accord-17.jpg

Seriously, that's about a foot off the ground. :thinking:

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
lol, it is...

but really, at 250k miles, the stock Honda V6 auto -STILL- works, can't get much better than that, just careful, frequent, checkups...

The 6spd idea does look cool, on-a-fence...

Teesak

Reaction score
all stock here. even the black housed headlights were the originals. it came down to save up and spend that money on my car... or put it towards getting into motorcycling. i chose to save for a bike and gear.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I -HOPE- you're looking for a CB, not an 'R', kinda hard to find, but worth every cent!

I do have a few, lol
\/
\/

Aztec

Reaction score
My Accord is all stock except for the alloy wheels they are non-Honda, since I have an LX my car came with steelies so I just had to take them off - way too heavy makes me lose a lot of mpg and poor handling. And well ofcourse I have tint but I wouldn't consider it as a mod since factory cars come with tint too.

I think stock is cleaner. As someone here already mentioned this generation Accord was pretty solid except for the ****ty auto transmission but honda screwed that up with a lot of models including acuras. The 7th and 8th gen accords were all crap (except the coupe) but it looks like honda has made the Accord sedan a nice car again.

Last edited:
Back