Million mile club

datechboss101

Reaction score
I have a thread similar to this on driveaccord.net, and I am going to do the same here. My ride, Lucky, a 1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan F23A1 motor KA4AT transmission, getting close to 111k miles, Satin Silver. I have a goal of reaching a million miles or more on my ride, as I would appreciate the support from you all for me to reach this goal. I cannot afford any car monthly payments for the next decade or so, as I will be starting university in the summer (yes I am a high school senior), and looking forward into a career in the medical field (consisting of 4 years of med school, 3-4 years of residency, and roughly about 3 years of internship), which I will be having tons of student loan debt (a result of cannot get a job due to this time issue).

However, this is club is exclusive to us 6GA owners and those members who don't own a 6GA anymore.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Yeah that transmission is not going to last a fraction of 1 million miles.

Check fluids often, inspect belts, regular oil change intervals, make sure to always get the RPMs above 5k constantly to make sure the oil pressure builds up enough to lubricate hard to fill areas.

That and Always check the 710 cap at every fuel stop.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Yeah that transmission is not going to last a fraction of 1 million miles.

Check fluids often, inspect belts, regular oil change intervals, make sure to always get the RPMs above 5k constantly to make sure the oil pressure builds up enough to lubricate hard to fill areas.

That and Always check the 710 cap at every fuel stop.
710 cap? And I do at times have the RPMs go to 4500. Im also on the OG tranny that came with the car.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Go to a manual trans when the auto takes a dump. I love my 6g and all, and I'm at 217k, but I could never see putting a million miles on it. From where you're at now I would say you'd need 25+ years with normal use

datechboss101

Reaction score
Go to a manual trans when the auto takes a dump. I love my 6g and all, and I'm at 217k, but I could never see putting a million miles on it. From where you're at now I would say you'd need 25+ years with normal use
Well, its been my moms and now its in my hands, so clearly it will see roughly 20k-30k miles per years or something like that... while my mom had it, it saw like maybe 5k per year at one point it saw 1k miles per year. And i may end up doing a 6MT swap if possible and if the motor throws a rod, im converting it into a H22A1 motor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
My 98 accord f23a1 just rolled over 220,000 miles last week. My valve seals are leaking a bit. But the original timing belt lasted 211k.

I'm hoping to rebuild/reseal the motor this winter and drive it to work the next 20 years. I drive a little over 60 miles round trip to work every day.

I was kidding about the 710 cap. It's just OIL upside down. Just another dumb blonde joke. As for the RPMs. Every day I take my motor to 6k rpm at least once. Be it merging into traffic or passing some idjit driver going 15 below the speed limit or just feeling like running it through a couple gears and listening to my custom tuned intake and exhaust singing to me.

Note...excessive life at high RPMs does increase engine wear.

Enne

Reaction score
I was kidding about the 710 cap. It's just OIL upside down.
LMAO that's a good one. Never heard that before. 710 cap...lol
As for the RPMs. Every day I take my motor to 6k rpm at least once. Be it merging into traffic or passing some idjit driver going 15 below the speed limit or just feeling like running it through a couple gears and listening to my custom tuned intake and exhaust singing to me.

Note...excessive life at high RPMs does increase engine wear.
Didn't think anyone else used the word "idjit" besides me haha. I think the highest I ever push mine is 4500 RPM. Any more than that and I feel bad for the poor thing. It's straining at 3000 RPM going 80 or so on the highway so I figure if I get it up to 3k for a minute or two going uphill, that's working it enough. I don't like making it work harder than it has to, but I know that babying an engine is not good for it either. I'll rev the scheiß out of the camaro and cavalier though :D

Selene has about 145k on her now. She'll probably hit 200k in two years I'm guessing, if I keep dailying her. She only had 109k on the ody when I got her so she hasn't been driven all that much. I would like to have her for at least another 10-15 years. Then she'd be a true classic instead of a plain, common car lol.

Last edited:
Back