98 Accord Leaks water after being rear ended

itznicker

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my wife was recently rear ended, and after the first post-accident rain, I noticed the carpet was soaked. I proceeded to remove the carpet and dry everything off (very tedious) and then reinstalled everything. However, the problem appears to be repeating every time it rains. Namely the passenger side both in the front and rear.

I have checked by spraying a garden hose directly at various seals to no avail.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I could find this leak, or knew where else I could check?

Cpyro

Reaction score
is it water? or maybe some thing else?

itznicker

Reaction score
whoops, sorry guys. I felt pics would be kind of pointless...The entire front and rear passenger side flood and it's kind of hard to figure out where it comes from...
Yes it has a sunroof.

The carpet has a rust colored stain in it where the water was. I'm uncertain how to tell for sure whether it's coolant or water.
I am thinking either evap drain, heater core (if coolant), sunroof drain or maybe some bending in the unibody that resulted in a gap somewhere...

SilverAggie

Reaction score
I was recently rear ended and have some minor leaking in my rear window. I'm definitely going to take it back to the shop as the other insurance has to pay for it. I recommend that you do the same. Takes the worry off your hands and puts it on theirs.

Back