V6 exhaust system in an 4cyl..?

Devil-V

Reaction score
Between £500-£800 (absolute max £1000) - but don't forget. I'm UK-based >.<

Being a complete noob with the theory of an exhaust system, wouldn't substituting the 2 x 4" outlets with a smaller outlet size resolve the backpressure issue?

I'm also looking to get a whole system too - not just the catback, but the piping and muffler, as they're all on it's way out. I don't really wanna spend several £££ a year replacing parts with non-stainless steel bits.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Well your piping right now is 2.25". Usually you are going to switch to 2.5", which is good and bad.

Don't worry about back pressure, you won't really notice it anyways.

Doing a dual exit will take too much work. You'll need the fitting and hangers for dual exit.

I have Megan header to Magnaflow cat to Megan cat back. So far I'm very pleased with it. And based on examining the welds and the color change, it's all quality stuff. I paid $620 for the whole thing new. Well that cat wasn't new but like new. Don't know about availability in Europeland so I don't know how much I can help you.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'd just get custom piping with a decent resonator or two, and buy a good muffler. Cheaper, and you can tailor it to your liking.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Did you look in to other systems, ie. Apexi?

I know they offer a 4cyl option if you are looking for a full catback.

Devil-V

Reaction score
I had a good look - but now I've found a place that will do a custom Magnaflow catback stainless system for an estimated £400-£500 with one exit.

Cheers anyway :)

Back