Derek's 2002 Coupe EX (5MT)

phi1542

Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 02 Coupe 5-Speed

Today I started hearing the same creaking noise in the back of the car. I thought my old shocks were blown but I guess they were fine. When I was installing my new ones I didn't see anything wrong in the rear suspension but I'll have to go double check. What's a common issue to make a creaking sound? Bad control arm? Ball joint? I should've looked further into the issue before dropping money on new coilovers.

I posted up my old coilovers and AP1 steering if anyone is interested.

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Today I started hearing the same creaking noise in the back of the car. I thought my old shocks were blown but I guess they were fine. When I was installing my new ones I didn't see anything wrong in the rear suspension but I'll have to go double check. What's a common issue to make a creaking sound? Bad control arm? Ball joint? I should've looked further into the issue before dropping money on new coilovers.

I posted up my old coilovers and AP1 steering if anyone is interested.

sway bar bushings and endlinks

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score

I replaced those when I got my progress RSB. Are you suppose to lube them? I have the MOOG ones

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Yep! They gotta be greased up. I don't know if they make that noise if they're not greased.

My front sway bar links make a clunking noise.....but that's because they're cheap parts I found sitting around in my garage

phi1542

Reaction score

Yep! They gotta be greased up. I don't know if they make that noise if they're not greased.

My front sway bar links make a clunking noise.....but that's because they're cheap parts I found sitting around in my garage
Yeah I didn't grease it because you need a special tool and I didn't have it. It's too hot today but if it's cooler tomorrow I'll take off the wheels and take a look at the bushings and what not. Spray them with WD40 see if that does anything. What do I do about greasing the endlinks? Should I just bring it to a shop?

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score

You can buy a grease gun from AutoZone or something, should be $10-15. Attach it to the fitting on the end links, pump the gun 2-3 times and you're set.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

phi1542

Reaction score

You can buy a grease gun from AutoZone or something, should be $10-15. Attach it to the fitting on the end links, pump the gun 2-3 times and you're set.

Is the fitting that gold part?

41HeIsCLq4L._SX425_.jpg

phi1542

Reaction score

Yessir, you screw it in and then attach the hose to the fitting and pump

Just my luck cuz I have no idea where I put those.... I never noticed those so I probably tossed it. Do you happen to know where to buy replacements?

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score

Just my luck cuz I have no idea where I put those.... I never noticed those so I probably tossed it. Do you happen to know where to buy replacements?

Dang I don't know if you can buy them separately......

Back