Derek's 2002 Coupe EX (5MT)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 02 Coupe 5-Speed

Did you drive the car around a bit after changing the oil?

phi1542

Reaction score

Did you drive the car around a bit after changing the oil?
Yeah I poured in the oil and it took all 5 quarts which I found odd. I drove the car around for a few minutes and waited a little for the oil to settle and it's still the same. It sits about the middle of the 2 dots. I'm gonna buy another quart to top it off but I just find it odd. I've always had left over oil. So in total I would probably put 5 and a half quarts of oil

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

That is a lot. But if the level reads between the dots then it should be good.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Clean the dipstick really well and then run your finger down the dipstick until you feel oil. Its sometimes hard to see. I had this issue on my daily driver the other day

phi1542

Reaction score

Clean the dipstick really well and then run your finger down the dipstick until you feel oil. Its sometimes hard to see. I had this issue on my daily driver the other day
I have no problem seeing it. I just find it unusual to use almost 6 quarts of oil to fill it up. I wonder where all the oil is going lol

phi1542

Reaction score

Well this is weird..... Went to go buy more oil to top it off (not with my accord) and when I went home to check the oil level again now it's over the top dot o_O it was just below by half. I even drove the car around for a bit and checked again when I was doing my oil change a few days ago lol is it bad to leave it like that? It is a little bit over the dot. I dumped all 5 quarts in there

phi1542

Reaction score

Replaced the master cylinder and slave as well just because it would probably go bad soon too if the master is bad. The clutch engages hella late now. I have to lift it way more than before like almost all the way up it feels like. Is there a way to adjust that or its just the way it is?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I wouldn't think the engagement point should have changed. But I think you can adjust it with the nut on the clutch position sensor.

How did changing out the master cylinder go? I don't know where it is on an i4 but on the V6 it's a PITA to get to.

Back