*HELP* Cluster Lights and Tail Lights went out after installing aftermarket radio

HushMyMother

Reaction score
It is both tail lights and cluster lights that do not work. I’ve read that it could be the Multiplex computer but also a fuse that could be blown. The fuses that I’ve checked all look fine and I don’t know how to check if a relay is bad. Really stuck and don’t know what the issue is right noe

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Always unhook the battery when messing with electonics. Did you check the small instruments fuse?

JWSO

Reaction score
This happened to me too.
It was that I wired the dimmer wire into the head unit. YOU CANNOT do this. I bought an ECM thinking it would fix the issue. Nope. It’s the 7.5 fuse that blew.
Disconnect the dimmer wire going into your head unit and leave it uninstalled.
The head unit will (mostly likely) auto dim when you turn your headlights on or off without being wired to the factory harness.
There is a multiplex that redistributes a single signal to multiple accessories at different voltages (see multiplex functionally to better understand).
The MP is responsible for the dimming of dash lights and will pop fuses all day long with a grounding signal from your head unit when it goes into dim mode.

Try that.

Kauai Kimo

Reaction score
I did the same thing. I blew 3 fuses. And think I blew my dimmer..? Ended up disconnecting that dang Red multiplex Data wire (that's all it is. Data. A Powered wire kills it!) what worked for Me, was I disconnected and cut the red/black and grounded the red.. Cut the red/black because I couldn't find anywhere online in 8 hours what to do with it. This made my back lights work. But not the dash. I went on YouTube and found a video on how to jumper wire them. 3 inches of wire and I have dash lights. They're stuck on brighest tho. Better than nothing! Aloha

Back