DIY: Using OEM Fog Switch with Civic Harness and Foglights

metrick1235

Reaction score
Anyone know where i can get a switch without costing an arm and leg... i kinda need them... :action-smiley-042:

metrick1235

Reaction score
Ok maybe im just thinking too hard on this but i could really use some help.. I have the foglight switch that is made for our cars.. it has the five connectors on that end.. The foglight kit i have has two red, a green then two black.. I get that one is positive one is ground.. but anyone have like a dummy proof way for what im looking at.. IE: top pin Honda switch goes to first red..ect...

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Alright so i just attempted this wiring, it worked, but it had my fogs on no matter if its on the on/off position.

I messed with the wires, left power and ground connected at all times.

So for me it went Ground, 1 of the 2 wires that were spliced, ORANGE (mines came in red), the other wire that was spliced, then power worked great for me. No problems and working as how it should.

This is for the 01-02 fogs, ebay. If this helped for whoever is having problem REP please :)

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
20-CG5-01 - the wiring is for the switch only, the way the switch works depends solely on how the fogs themselves are wired in.

Back