5lug swap question

jaron001

Reaction score
did the swap a while back but for got to ask this question.

is there a part that holds the e-brake cable on to the rear caliper if anyone has a ex or has the swap could you take a look for me and tell me i dont want them to come off when i need my ebrake 1 day.

jaron001

Reaction score
lol anyone? if you have a ex or v6 i just need you to take a peek under the car to check it out. im just not sure if its held by tension or it has a clip of some sort.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's a "clip" that holds the outside of the cable so that there's tension when pulling the handle. Without actually showing you thats the best description I can come up with. Hopefully you get what I'm saying.

99accord boi

Reaction score
pm redlinevtec he has my knuckes in his garage (rear disc swap on the way) he might be able to take a pic for u and better explain

jaron001

Reaction score
thank you ill hit up the dealer and track this part down now that i know there is one. in the mean time if any one has a pic please feel free to add it.

jaron001

Reaction score
i figured id revive my old thread... since i never found the part i was looking for.

but how the hell does the e brake cable stay attached to the caliper. i took a long *** break from the car and i got the bug lol

jdm egizzle 6

Reaction score
Are you talking about the end that connects to the caliper? if so it doesn't have anything just slides in that's why its shaped so it won't slide out.

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
It wont fall off. Its a funky Setup. There's a bracket that bolts to caliper there's a clip, But on the caliper you have to disengage the e-brake to remove it. And At that you have to turn the cable a certain way... if it falls off its because it was never put on correctly, or the bracket on the cable rusted away.

Back