The most epic retrofit you will ever see... KnightRyder Lights 2.0

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I think the BMW X6 was the first to employ them, but I could be wrong. If Honda's doing it though, you know it's becoming commonplace. :lawl:

KnightRyder

Reaction score
they're here! and they're MONSTERS. looks like the ENTIRE back of the light will have to be cut out and custom fiberglassed. this is going to be one hell of a task just getting them to "fit"

without shrouds...
k07p.jpg

with MDX shrouds...
ivqr.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
That is an enormous piece, but it's nice to see that each projectors are lining up accordingly with the headlight housing. It seems like it has more clearance to fit in the high & low beam housings and keep the corner housing, if fitting it without the shrouds, but I'm hoping that you'll be able to accomplish it with the shrouds.

I wonder if you will ever need to relocate certain things like windshield washer reservoir, battery, air intake, etc.

I'm REALLY praying that you will succeed. Looking at those pics with knowing your craftsmanship, my first impression was, "he can do it."

Good luck, man!

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
they're here! and they're MONSTERS. looks like the ENTIRE back of the light will have to be cut out and custom fiberglassed. this is going to be one hell of a task just getting them to "fit"

without shrouds...
k07p.jpg

with MDX shrouds...
ivqr.jpg

Looks like the indicator portion of the stock headlight will be able to be salvaged after all. That's a bonus.

They actually don't look that big next to the stock headlight, but maybe it's the angle, I can definately see how much custom work will need to be done with the back of the headlights, but, that should give you an opportunity to get very creative.

Congrats again on the purchase.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Looks like a perfect retrofit for a 4cyl engine bay. A 6cyl engine bay will require some relocating and/or tucking. Good luck bro. My retros stick out quite a bit as well, but I was fortunate to have the necessary room available to me. You'll figure it out. :)

I think the BMW X6 was the first to employ them, but I could be wrong. If Honda's doing it though, you know it's becoming commonplace. :lawl:

The X6 was definitely not the first to employ them. Mercedes-Benz stole Audi's thunder and included them in one of their flagship sedans. LEDs will become more commonplace to the "cheaper" car manufacturers as the prices go down, but there's already a new technology on the horizon that Audi will be introducing at next year's 24 Hours of Le Mans (although to be fair, BMW has the same technology but hasn't put it into any of their vehicles yet). Eventually we might see it in upper class vehicles: http://www.automedia.com/Blog/post/2014-audi-r18-e-tron-quattro-fitted-with-laser-headlights.aspx

Last edited:

mx5kev

Reaction score
Wasn't it Lexus the first to introduce full led Headlights with the LS600H?

Back