CG Coupe Differences

BlueJacketGuy

Reaction score
SInce my RSX blew this past week, I'm possibly in the market for a new daily. I'd like to get a CG Coupe in 5MT, but I don't know enough about the various differences the factory had between them. It'd be nice for an EX, but the moonroof may not be great if I ever want to upgrade it.

What's the differences between the years, is it a matter of pre and post refresh bumpers, or are there other things? Does the LX come with all disc brakes, and does the cloth vs leather option change anything else in the car? I'm just looking for the quick rundown or a point to the rundown thread. Otherwise, If the V6 is the best platform to start with, is it better for the LX or EX?

Thanks.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
My sunroof is nearly 20 years old and works great, I wouldn't worry about that. With any auto, V6 or I4, you have the chance for transmission failure, or it could be totally fine...it's a crapshoot. The coupe front and rear bumpers are different between 98-00 and 01-02, and the rocker panels were changed, and new wheels were offered. That pretty much sums up the noticeable exterior differences.

Some of the other stuff varies by trim level and/or engine. With how cheap these cars are, may as well just look for an EX if you're wanting more options. Then again if you found a nice deal on an LX you can find parts in junkyards or online to swap on.

Btw on the V6 they switched to coil packs in 2000.

BlueJacketGuy

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm just looking from the perspective of dropping in a J32A2 in the future and general weight savings with chassis rigidity. Yeah it's a unibody, but CGs are love.

Back