RR's '99 coupe EX-L

Brad2274

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

never seen just the top blacked out, looks pretty good! the chrome you have left works nicely with your lips.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score

Look'n good Chris. That really makes me want to blackout my trim. No d*mn time though....:sad:

Mikey

Reaction score

IDK how I feel about the blue or the red. I know the red "matches" but i'm just not a fan of red gauges. Always make me think of Pontiac.

The trim looks good though.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Interesting look with the blackout trim.....that means you have some left to give me for my rear driver's side window.

I like the red gauges.

Something I didn't pay attention to when I saw my swap the first time, you left your engine covers off as well.

I didn't really like the look with mine, I at least wanted the front one on, to clean up the look a bit.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Thanks. Yeah I didn’t want the lips to be the only shiny part of the car, but I didn’t want all of the chrome trim anymore. I should have done it in better lighting though, because I have noticed a couple small air bubbles.

IDK how I feel about the blue or the red. I know the red "matches" but i'm just not a fan of red gauges. Always make me think of Pontiac.

The trim looks good though.

That’s funny, I think BMW. Actually when I visited Italy I noticed most all cars use red for instrumentation. it's better for nightvision. The Euro’s take driving more seriously than we do here though, most people drive stick, cupholders are sparse, and stuff like Sync and all that are not as popular.

Anyway I’d rather have the contrast of white numbers w/red needles, But I’m too paranoid to try to take off the needles to remove the light blue film. Plus Honda didn’t give the needles separate bulbs, so I just went for red all around.

Interesting look with the blackout trim.....that means you have some left to give me for my rear driver's side window.

I like the red gauges.

Something I didn't pay attention to when I saw my swap the first time, you left your engine covers off as well.

I didn't really like the look with mine, I at least wanted the front one on, to clean up the look a bit.

Yeah my IM, TB, and heads need refinished and aren’t pretty to look at, so I wouldn’t mind having just the main cover. I just haven’t pursued getting one. I actually like the look of a cover-free motor better, but it's gotta be fixed up haha.

I might change what I did at the back corners, so I still have a need for the tape lol. I hate how you can't find it locally anywhere, gotta order it online.

Brad2274

Reaction score

yeah red is the best on your eyes at night, my friends 08 jetta came stock with all lights red and blue but it works.
seen the blackout tape at autozone

SykVSyx

Reaction score

I even went across the border this past weekend.....completely forgot to add the tape to my list of things to look in to.....

I hear you with the engine, cleaned up, it looks good, I just don't know if I like the exposed area between the plugs/IM.

Maybe once my engine bay is cleaned up.

slowaccord

Reaction score

bro i could literally walk out to a parking lot and mistake ur car for mine lol.

looks good! i tried to plastidip my window trim but that stuff is garbage. Cleaned it with alcohol but i wasnt getting clean breaks on the inside. it didnt look good and would lift. I was suppose to have the bodyshop blackout my trim with paint but they forgot and the car was 5 hours away and I didnt get it back till a few months later.

ur tint look very classy. Black out the rest of the trim.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

…seen the blackout tape at autozone

Really? I tried A-zone, Advance, O’Reilly’s, Napa, etc and none of em had it.

Only thing not matching in my console is that OEM radio. Would love to have a NAV unit in there but would rather put funds elsewhere I guess.

I hear you with the engine, cleaned up, it looks good, I just don't know if I like the exposed area between the plugs/IM.

Maybe once my engine bay is cleaned up.

Hmm not sure I follow, got a pic? Sidenote I hate how you open up hoods on new cars today and all you see are a bunch of black plastic covers everywhere.

bro i could literally walk out to a parking lot and mistake ur car for mine lol.

looks good! i tried to plastidip my window trim but that stuff is garbage. Cleaned it with alcohol but i wasnt getting clean breaks on the inside. it didnt look good and would lift. I was suppose to have the bodyshop blackout my trim with paint but they forgot and the car was 5 hours away and I didnt get it back till a few months later.

ur tint look very classy. Black out the rest of the trim.

haha I know. Yeah I’ve heard of people having those sort of problems with plastidip. Mine’s not perfect, like I should go back and trim tape off in various places, but it worked a lot better than I thought it would and overall I’m happy with it. Gonna keep the bottom section as is for now, might black it out in the future if I get tired of the look. I don’t think I have enough tape left even if I wanted to though, I think you need two rolls of this stuff to do all of the trim.

Thanks, I wish I had gone darker with my tint though, especially having a tan interior. I contemplate redoing the back windshield.

Last edited:
Back