RR's '99 coupe EX-L

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

IMG_20140606_143326_zpse5ea4921.jpg
So you went with clear corners huh? :naughty: I Like the DIY version it looks good on the red car. Where are all these people getting the HFP badges? I want one.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Thanks. Got mine through a dealer.

EDIT: Replacement propaganda!

temporary_zpsbe2012a3.jpg

Last edited:

cjsaccord

Reaction score

Sexy!
Nice to see that you are still raising the bar up high Chris! :thumbup:

Varnell

Reaction score

Hey, I've been tossing ideas back and forth for a while now. I've followed you and Sonni_Kuba with your swaps. I'm curious how much you spent on it. As far as labor, like you, I won't be doing much more than collecting the parts.

I'd love to go with the J35a8 6 speed, but I'm going to need this done within the year so I'm looking for something that's been done a few times before. Your inbox is full, by the way.

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score

Hey, I've been tossing ideas back and forth for a while now. I've followed you and Sonni_Kuba with your swaps. I'm curious how much you spent on it. As far as labor, like you, I won't be doing much more than collecting the parts.

I'd love to go with the J35a8 6 speed, but I'm going to need this done within the year so I'm looking for something that's been done a few times before. Your inbox is full, by the way.
Correct me if I'm wrong but your coupe is a 4 cyl right? And since you want to swap to a V6 that requires a little bit of *modification?* Like custom mounts and other stuff? That's just what I've heard from a friend of mine but idk if it's true. Good luck on the swap if you choose to!

Varnell

Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong but your coupe is a 4 cyl right? And since you want to swap to a V6 that requires a little bit of *modification?* Like custom mounts and other stuff? That's just what I've heard from a friend of mine but idk if it's true. Good luck on the swap if you choose to!

Yea, thanks, man. I know the V6 subframe will be necessary. Beyond that I'm looking for a reasonably priced project before delve into it much deeper.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

:secret: Car looks great Chris

Daniel lives! Lol what have you been up to?

Sexy!
Nice to see that you are still raising the bar up high Chris! :thumbup:

Thanks Cornel, means a lot coming from you. You get another ride yet?

Actually I was working alongside Rich for the duration of my swap, doing some things myself like installing the clutch, shift linkage, engine assembly, etc. He handled all the wiring and fab work though.

You’d be surprised how similar J motors are, the 3.2 and 3.5 aren’t night and day or anything. As for cost, judging from mine and other swap threads, it will run you anywhere from around $2.5k - $3.5k, possibly $4k depending on whether you swap the motor or trans or both, where you buy parts from and how much you get them for, which trans you choose, who does the labor, etc etc.

If you are wanting to swap to 6/6 from an i4, you’ll have even more work. It’s doable, it’s just that the V6 bay already has some things where they need to be to swap in the motor/trans correctly, whereas in the 4cyl you’ll have to rearrange some things.

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking for something under 5k, so I'll definitely keep this one in mind. 260hp isn't that much less than 290hp. Definitely still fun in a car that's 500 lbs lighter than the TL.

cjsaccord

Reaction score

Anytime, Nope I decided to keep my cg and finish her.

Back