Designing a lip kit for my wife's Sedan

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
damn you're pretty good at this actually, from a distance it looks like its really on the car.

I think some of the lines don't fit the subtle curves of the 6thgen body though.

The two edges on the tops of the rear lip and the front of the side skirt don't flow as well as say the front lip and how its curved.

Does that make sense? lol

joshism

Reaction score
damn you're pretty good at this actually, from a distance it looks like its really on the car.

I think some of the lines don't fit the subtle curves of the 6thgen body though.

The two edges on the tops of the rear lip and the front of the side skirt don't flow as well as say the front lip and how its curved.

Does that make sense? lol

Yeah, I think I know what you mean. I'm gonna try to fix it up and see what everybody thinks.

joshism

Reaction score
Ok, I just finished editing the lip kit according to a few suggestions. Please
give me more feedback on this. As for making an OEM kit for a sedan... I don't know. That's kinda being a copy cat. I mean, the guy who created the coupe kit didn't copy anybody else's. What's the use of creativity if you're only gonna copy someone else right?

DSC02259frontlipkit2.jpg

DSC02259lipkit2.jpg

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
much better!

it just needs bigger wheels and a drop for a more accurate assessment of what it would look like as the complete package, you know?

you could either leave it like that or shave off the tab portions on the bottom of the rear lip and the back bottom of the side skirt to make it look even more oem.

if anything, if you have to copy it doesn't get much better than something resembling WW rear and OEM sides and front.

either way looks good probably.

joshism

Reaction score
much better!

it just needs bigger wheels and a drop for a more accurate assessment of what it would look like as the complete package, you know?

you could either leave it like that or shave off the tab portions on the bottom of the rear lip and the back bottom of the side skirt to make it look even more oem.

if anything, if you have to copy it doesn't get much better than something resembling WW rear and OEM sides and front.

either way looks good probably.

But it's gonna look like an 08 Camry's kit if I do that. I'm "Anti-Camry." Perhaps I can shrink that tab and make it more subtle. The reason I put that there is because under the corner of the coupe's front OEM lip, there's something similar to that, but it's more subtle. But I want everybody's opinion. Keep it coming.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
yeah that's the right thinking dude, I guess I didn't mean take them completely off just less pronounced you know.

Back