Lower Tie Bar?

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
I came across some lower tie bars for the CG chassis and didn't know much about them, so I did some research. From what I saw, everyone who purchased them (lower tie bars in general) had good reviews, saying that it made a noticeable difference and was worth the money. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried them on a 6GA.

I'm deciding between two different bars. Both have four mounting points, but each has a different design and price. Which do you think would be more effective, by how much, and why?

Ultra Racing
$_12.JPG

Neuspeed
NEU-45.20.32P.jpg

Varnell

Reaction score
Monty had the Ultra Racing on his boosted accord. Go about five pictures down to seen it.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15580&highlight=monty

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
So I ended up buying the Ultra Racing brace, and I installed it yesterday. I already had a fully-built suspension, including springs, shocks, sway bars, control arms, and TL+Neuspeed strut bars.

Even with already having all those things, the lower brace made a noticeable difference; making the turning sharper, keeping the car flatter in corners, and just overall making the car feel stiffer and more solid. It's more of a "finishing touch" to a built suspension than it is for someone with little to no mods. That being said, for $165 it's well-worth the money.

Varnell

Reaction score
I want this but I have a feeling I'm too low. lol

Did you have to follow Monty's example and cut it to fit your exhaust?

Last edited:

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
I want this but I have a feeling I'm too low. lol

Did you have to follow Monty's example and cut it to fit your exhaust?

I recently discovered that one drawback. I was really hoping that even with this bar installed, there would still be some other OEM part of the undercarriage that was lower. Unfortunately that's not the case though, and it reduces your ground clearance by roughly an inch. So if you're slammed, I wouldn't advise installing this and risk ripping out your front subframe at 70mph on the freeway lol. I'm only dropped about an inch or so, so I'm fine.

As for trimming it to fit the exhaust, Monty must have a hella custom setup because mine cleared it just fine. The front of the bar intersects the exhaust right at the end of the header, a couple of inches ahead of the front flange on the cat. I have a Megan F23 header and the diameter is about the same as stock, so you should be fine unless you have enlarged piping on your header.

Back