car violently shakes and sounds like flat tire.+

guitarman540

Reaction score
only recently mines been doing this shaking but only occasionally when im braking. and its only around 60mph. any ideas? sorry to steal some thread time. :skurred:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Check CV joints and check if maybe a rock has some how lodged itself imbetween your wheel and tire. Sounds crazy I know but it happens and causes vibrations.

This happened to me and what it was for me is one of my studs wiggled itself loose and the vibration was from the stud pulling away from the lug nut and hitting the back of my dust shield. Good luck!

jeffpanya

Reaction score
Does it go away when your just coasting in neutral ? I had a bad axle drove around did the same thing would just sound like a flat. And would only happen at WOT. Than would go away when I put it in neutral.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
I'm having this same problem with my TL but only during medium acceleration and while turning. I'm pretty sure it's the CV shaft because my accord did the same thing.. I replaced the shafts on the accord and it was good to go.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
When i turn while accelerating the cars fine not even noises tho.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
if this just all the sudden happend dont blame it on your mounts. I saw your post about filling your stock mounts I wouldnt do that till you have gutted them first seems like the urethane fill would only fall out otherwise.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I was only going to fill my tranny mount with 60a urathane.keeping the rear and drivers mount the same 75a innovative.
But I have a lifetime warrenty on my drivers axle so ill re-order a new one for safe measures,and order a new passenger side axle for 70$.(shop replaced it)so idk if i can have a warrenty for that-I may call the shop to see.

then also replace both sides; Upper control arm assembly's and outer tie rods.
and also a new ACT clutch...so I may have to deal with this for a few weeks.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
I seem to remember annother member having similar problems and it turning out to be an upper balljoint

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Updating the.issue...changed the passenger side axle today...at.comparison didnt.look.or.feel diff
but changed it to a new reman. One. Car drives smoother than ever..now have to change my clutch and throwout bearing to make it an even better ride.

Thanks guys

Back