Thoughts on kumho Ecsta le sport?

-bl-

Reaction score
Hi all, i searched the threads for what people think on kumho tires, i saw that there were some good and bad thoughts on Kumho 712's (found on a thread made in 2008) but what i want to know is are kumho Ecsta le sport tires good for the price? I need summer tires and i have a low budget due to school of about $600 (that includes shipping to canada... which leaves my budget to maybe $100/tire). I need tires in 225/45/R17 size and i see some pretty decent specs on these tires.

thoughts on kumho Ecsta le sport?

ku_ecsta_le_spt_ci2_l.jpg

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
You'd probably have better luck typing "Kumho Ecsta le Sport tired reviews" into google. I just did and seems like overall they were rated pretty well.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
A little more budget friendly would be Nexen's or Nankangs performance tires.

I have used the Nexen's, and found they were a great tire. Planning on going with the Nankang tires next time around.

The N3000's for the Nexen's and the Nankang's are the NS-II Ultra's.

Shadow1

Reaction score
You'd probably have better luck typing "Kumho Ecsta le Sport tired reviews" into google. I just did and seems like overall they were rated pretty well.

that doesnt answer the question. im sure if he wanted to ask others how they were on other cars then he would have looked on google. he was asking the accord community.

you idiots up here need to stop telling or even implying people to search instead of just answering the questions. its on thing if theres 100,000 threads on something. its another when someone is asking about a specific brand and model tire. sure they might ride nice on a BMW or a Corvette. but how do they feel on an modded or stock Accord?

what SykSyx posted was good. recommended a better tire at a better price. didnt say search. i swear im going to start going into everyone's thread and say search. because hey. no one gets any flack for it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^Firstly, if you are going to even come at people like you're somebody, I would recommend you cool it with the name-calling.

Secondly, Google might offer an easier options to search for opinions, period.

Thirdly, you have 26 posts, so your 'e-attitude' hasn't even begun to hit puberty yet for you to be making posts like that.

Seeing as how all that was offered was a suggestion to check another resource for feedback, not sure it warranted your post.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Seriously what is up with all these noobs and their attitude, Matt just gave his opinion so shove that dic k up your *** and Gtfoutta here.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
that doesnt answer the question. im sure if he wanted to ask others how they were on other cars then he would have looked on google. he was asking the accord community.

you idiots up here need to stop telling or even implying people to search instead of just answering the questions. its on thing if theres 100,000 threads on something. its another when someone is asking about a specific brand and model tire. sure they might ride nice on a BMW or a Corvette. but how do they feel on an modded or stock Accord?

what SykSyx posted was good. recommended a better tire at a better price. didnt say search. i swear im going to start going into everyone's thread and say search. because hey. no one gets any flack for it.

tumblr_m03nnzzF1e1ro1dkto1_250.gif

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
So much drama lately. :rolleyes:

Shadow, thought all was well after your suspension thread debacle. It's obviously within your right to disagree or be opposed to someone's post, but AllGO simply suggested to search somewhere other than this site, as there are no reviews of this particular Kuhmo model in the Tire Review section or elsewhere (at least that I could find). It's not like he just said "Search noob!!" or was an outright asshole. Perhaps you misinterpreted his post, but your response was worded inappropriately. And there are reviews of tires on Accords on sites other than this one, albeit harder to find. But since there are none here, it only makes sense to look elsewhere which is what was suggested in the first place.

The reason people rarely get flack for telling others to search is because they have personally seen that information repeated on the site, and we don't need more threads made on it to clutter up the site, and make finding information harder. Search may not be a powerful tool on whatever forum you allegedly moderate, but fortunately 6GA's search function is extremely valuable in most instances.

Back to OT...OP, I would advise just going with a good set of A/S tires. They tend to be less expensive and can perform just as well as some summer tires.

Last edited:

-bl-

Reaction score
A little more budget friendly would be Nexen's or Nankangs performance tires.

I have used the Nexen's, and found they were a great tire. Planning on going with the Nankang tires next time around.

The N3000's for the Nexen's and the Nankang's are the NS-II Ultra's.

So i looked up those Nexen N3000's and they do seem pretty good, any idea on the millage they will last till? i can also buy them in canada so thats a plus.

So much drama lately. :rolleyes:

Shadow, thought all was well after your suspension thread debacle. It's obviously within your right to disagree or be opposed to someone's post, but AllGO simply suggested to search somewhere other than this site, as there are no reviews of this particular Kuhmo model in the Tire Review section or elsewhere (at least that I could find). It's not like he just said "Search noob!!" or was an outright asshole. Perhaps you misinterpreted his post, but your response was worded inappropriately. And there are reviews of tires on Accords on sites other than this one, albeit harder to find. But since there are none here, it only makes sense to look elsewhere which is what was suggested in the first place.

The reason people rarely get flack for telling others to search is because they have personally seen that information repeated on the site, and we don't need more threads made on it to clutter up the site, and make finding information harder. Search may not be a powerful tool on whatever forum you allegedly moderate, but fortunately 6GA's search function is extremely valuable in most instances.

Back to OT...OP, I would advise just going with a good set of A/S tires. They tend to be less expensive and can perform just as well as some summer tires.

I considered all seasons but i am only using the tires for summer so ~1/2 the year as i live in canada, but i hear that A/S will wear faster? since i assume the rubber is softer than summers? or would A/S last me longer than summers?

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
A typical A/S will last longer than a summer, just look at some treadwear ratings. But personally I believe it's all in how you drive.

Back