Gas pedal response messed up

phi1542

Reaction score
It's probably okay right now. You should be Abel to hear/smell if that was leaking.

Ok I ordered both O2 sensors yesterday but I was looking on the code ready and it says oxygen sens mon and htr "ok" so does that mean my sensors don't need replacing???

james'99

Reaction score
Ok I ordered both O2 sensors yesterday but I was looking on the code ready and it says oxygen sens mon and htr "ok" so does that mean my sensors don't need replacing???

No, that just means that those monitors are complete in the computer. If you go to erase the codes right now, it will say inc. That means incomplete. That ok/incomplete just says the status of that particular test from the computer.

phi1542

Reaction score
No, that just means that those monitors are complete in the computer. If you go to erase the codes right now, it will say inc. That means incomplete. That ok/incomplete just says the status of that particular test from the computer.

ok changed the O2 sensors today and so far so good. Praying no codes come back......... If EGR code comes back I'll probably have to clean the intake manifold. One thing about this car is that the gas pedal is stiff. I always thought all the cars this model were like that but any ideas? I have to press it a little harder than other cars. It's very stiff lol anyone else or is it just me

james'99

Reaction score
ok changed the O2 sensors today and so far so good. Praying no codes come back......... If EGR code comes back I'll probably have to clean the intake manifold. One thing about this car is that the gas pedal is stiff. I always thought all the cars this model were like that but any ideas? I have to press it a little harder than other cars. It's very stiff lol anyone else or is it just me

Your throttle body is probably in need of cleaning. Lucky for you, the gas pedal being stiff can only really be two things. The cable itself is shot, or the throttle body is dirty. You will see where the gas pedal hooks up to the throttle body on the back side. You will notice the lever is spring loaded and when you push on it, it returns to its position. Does the lever move with ease?

phi1542

Reaction score
Your throttle body is probably in need of cleaning. Lucky for you, the gas pedal being stiff can only really be two things. The cable itself is shot, or the throttle body is dirty. You will see where the gas pedal hooks up to the throttle body on the back side. You will notice the lever is spring loaded and when you push on it, it returns to its position. Does the lever move with ease?

Is that the thing you pull back on and it revs the engine? If so no I have to push with some force. It's not with ease

james'99

Reaction score

phi1542

Reaction score
Well, I suppose it could be the throttle cable. But the way to find out is disconnect it from the throttle body and press that lever again and see if it is easier to move with the cable off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41yFXjibtLY

I'll clean the body first see if that does anything. If not I'll change the cable. That's the correct part?

james'99

Reaction score
I'll clean the body first see if that does anything. If not I'll change the cable. That's the correct part?

I'll verify the part number later on. Though if you were to disconnect that cable from the throttle now, if that cable is indeed the problem, it should become easy to press that lever when the cable is disconnected.

Back