WTB: Camera

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I was thinking about taking photography as a hobby does anybody have any suggestions for cameras? I dont have too much of an exorbinant budget but have some that I could spare. I hope I put this in the right place this time :)

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
if you don't have a large budget a Canon Digital Rebel XT is a good start. Thats assuming you want digital. You really don't have to even have a DSLR...esp if you plan to shoot outisde mostly where higher ISO performance and larger apertures aren't needed. You can do fine with a point and shoot. You might want to give more direction in order to get a better response.

dynasty

Reaction score
dSLR FTW! just so you can edit it through photoshop. personally for me, i would go with a 20D or 30D. if you have the extra money, go higher. it's better to start big just so you won't lose any money by selling your "beginner" kit. but that's what i showed my other friend who had a nikon.

tnguyen600

Reaction score
I think a rebel is a great starter camera and IMO has a great resell value. I bought my camera off of bill for like 285. I posted it on Craigslist two weeks ago to see what kind of responses I'd get b/c i was considering upgrading to an XSi.

Nonetheless, I threw in a starter lens with what I already had bought from Bill and someone was willing to buy it for $400.

xluben

Reaction score
I'll also recommend the Canon Rebel series to start with (XT, XTi, XSi, etc). You really need to state a budget and what you want to use it for....

Back