bloop bloop

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Re: Free Lens!

haha no issues with the lens that I know of...I just thought I received a bad L lens? The quality of some of the sample pics I took were so so. I've read around some sites and people have been saying that sometimes people receive bad lenses...being that I can exchange it without any cost, I decided I would.
it has no issues but you think its bad? lol that doesn't make sense...

are the images soft on one side, or uniformly soft? like a de-centering of elements?

like...why do you feel it's bad? just cause others have a bad one doesnt mean you do. time to bust out a tripod and find a brick wall...

tnguyen600

Reaction score

it might be good. lol i duno, this is my first L lens. Figure, why not exchange it just incase. I would bust out the tripod but i dont have a tripod mount =[ Im thinking about buying one off of ebay for like 30 bucks. Image appeared to be fine. Maybe my expectations of an L lens were set too high lol

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

it might be good. lol i duno, this is my first L lens. Figure, why not exchange it just incase. I would bust out the tripod but i dont have a tripod mount =[ Im thinking about buying one off of ebay for like 30 bucks. Image appeared to be fine. Maybe my expectations of an L lens were set too high lol
so you werent getting magazine quality images from this "magic" lens and you want to return it?

lolol...sorry...thats just ridiculous. it requires careful use just like any other lens. the fact that youre basing your impressions on hand-held shots with a telephoto made me :lawl: out loud. i thought there was a more serious issue like bad AF or very soft images.

ive made 16x20 prints from $25 lenses, and one print with a lens full of dust and the beginnings of fungus. its not the equipment, its how you use it...

finch13

Reaction score

Im thinking about buying one off of ebay for like 30 bucks.

Save your money. Spend $100+ on a tripod is well worth it. My tripod totalled out to around $190 with a bunch of deals, completely adjustable, complete with ballhead.

ive made 16x20 prints from $25 lenses, and one print with a lens full of dust and the beginnings of fungus. its not the equipment, its how you use it...

Same, sort of. Everyone trash talks the Canon 18-55 kit lens, and it's very nice actually and I've blown up many a photo from it. I would say composition and skill > expensive equipment any day. Anyone up for a photo contest with a disposable vs. $10,000 dSLR?

tnguyen600

Reaction score

true true true. nonetheless, my second lens came in. So after like a week or two, i'm gonna sell one of the two off.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score

this is just another example of how you can't buy your way into being a good photographer...it's nice that you are screwing amazon(being sarcastic this is why our economy is the way it is and businesses are failing)...your equipment is probably way beyond your talent if you can't get good shots...

Back