VTEC light

ANGELcg6

Reaction score
first things first radio shack sales leds with resistors already installed (not the brightest) makes it sooo much easier second thing youll need about 7 feet worth of 18 gauge wire. (speaker wire will work) The vtec solenoid is on the passenger side green wire yellow stripe if you open the covering and splice (18g wire) in to it then run through the gromit on the driver side. At this point youll want to run a ground wire (i used the steering column nut) then remove the instrument cluster and from here you can either use a spot on the cluster already there or drill a new spot like i did and match your led or leds positive to solenoid and neg to ground. mount you led where you please put it back and take a test drive (vtec engages over 15mph not sitting still) and enjoy !!!!

ANGELcg6

Reaction score
If your sitting still vtec will not engage I looked it up and read at 10-15 mph it will...and no need for your negative comments its the first write up I've ever done

ANGELcg6

Reaction score
And I went through the firewall because I already have audio wires going through so I followed those wires through

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Wasn't necessarily negative, but the write up already existed in the Master DIY.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If your sitting still vtec will not engage I looked it up and read at 10-15 mph it will...and no need for your negative comments its the first write up I've ever done

It was a neutrally phrased suggestion, a negative comment would be more like, this is terrible and thanks for providing one that isn't as helpful as the one we already have. But that would not be constructive, would it? All I was saying was take a look at the DIY's in the master list, it just makes sense to list steps separately and provide photos if you want a guide to be useful.

Yes VTEC will not engage in a neutral gear. But the cams are not speed dependent, they actuate at a certain point in the RPM band. V6 is around 3500 if I remember correctly. I4 I do not know.

the effort is appreciated. post some pics up so we can see what you did.

There ya go.

Last edited:
Back