Need a paint-job. Need inspiration.

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
So the paint on my NHBP coupe is horrendous, clear coat peeling on most horizontal surfaces, fade spots, swirl marks, the works. I want new paint, I don't want OEM Honda paint though. & I don't want something simple & direct. Nothing straight up black, or red, or blue.

I saw a Golf TDI at the local meets with a beautiful color. It was a dark gray, but then it had a hint of steel blue, gun metal like. I also really like Lamborghini Balloon White. It can be pure white, pearl white, or almost silver depending on the light. Can anyone inspire me because I'm completely stuck. Thank you.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If I was repainting my car I'd seriously consider a pearlescent white with blue/purple hue. So basically like that Lexus shade, and of course Lambo Balloon. A deep cool graphite gray would be sweet too, as long as it had some depth. I'll try to find an example.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
SSM ftw!

But seriously, when you have the freedom of choice, I hear you that's a tough one.

I'd choose something that won't show up dirts & water marks so that you don't have to wash your all the time. Just my two cents.

If I was repainting my car I'd seriously consider a pearlescent white with blue/purple hue.
Is it the one you PS'ed on your pic, and I called you TealRyder?

Last edited:

cfox28

Reaction score
i like the idea of a subtle pearlecent paint as well. nothing like need4speed crap, but a slight color change is nice

Clicky

even this is a little too dramatic

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Is it the one you PS'ed on your pic, and I called you TealRyder?

ha naw, that was a little too much.

I like this color, a metallic light blue...

mufp_0709_06_z+american_handcrafted_auto_show+light_blue_metallic_cobra.jpg

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
Beautiful paint indeed. I don't quite see my coupe pulling off that color though.

Excuse the picture, but I couldn't find a good picture of a car with this color. This is the type of blue-gray I'm looking for.

steelblue.jpg

ey361995

Reaction score
Just go look up the paint scheme from 1970s GM cars, youll find some great stuff there. Might I suggest Plum Crazy haha? :action-smiley-042:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
ha naw, that was a little too much.

The color looks very classy, especially on cars like Cobras.

This is the type of blue-gray I'm looking for.

steelblue.jpg
The color looks very similar to the charcoal interior on our CG's. Assuming that your interior is charcoal, it can be a good match w/ that. GL w/ your decisions!

On a side note, I really like the NH412L Painted Brushed Aluminum color used on 6.5 gen's interior.

Last edited:
Back