DBO867's 1998 Accord LX 5spd

truWarier02

Reaction score
Re: New Member Alert!!!

Thanks! Man, looking at your car really makes me want that color. Your car is hella legit

Thanks man! If only you knew I was selling my car, would have saved you the hassle of getting it painted NHBP haha.

Good luck with your build.

98CG5

Reaction score

Welcome. My sedan is the same color and I have to deal with the same clear coat issue. I feel your pain! Good deal man!

DBO867

Reaction score

Thanks man! If only you knew I was selling my car, would have saved you the hassle of getting it painted NHBP haha.

Good luck with your build.

Man I wish I could've bought yours but my budget was real low lol but thanks, I'll make sure to keep everyone updated. Kinda behind on bills and other things right now, so the cg is gonna have to wait a lil bit. Probably start modding mid November, hopefully

DBO867

Reaction score

Welcome. My sedan is the same color and I have to deal with the same clear coat issue. I feel your pain! Good deal man!

Lol whew I thought it was just mine from neglection. That's somewhat good to know, honda should really do something about that, even if it's a 16 year old car. But thanks dude!

DBO867

Reaction score
Re: DBO867's 1998 ACCORD LX 5MT TMT (Taking My Time) Build!!!!

Just a lil update, I was able to change the oil and spark plugs last Wednesday, just so I can take it to smog. 1 hour and 30 mins later, the smog results came back as a fail, luckily it was nothing big. The smog tech asked if I had a cel on, I told him yea, it came up as P1456, which is a leak in the fuel system. First thing I did was check the gas cap and tighten it. Went back to my code scanner and deleted it. That's where the smog tech stopped me, he asked how many miles did I put in between the resetting and smogging. I told him probably about 5-6 miles. That's when he told me, that that's where the problem is. I didn't realize I had to drive around a couple miles or more like 50+ for my ecu to reprogrammed itself. Felt like a noob haha. But the tech was a real honest guy, he even told me he'll plug in his obd2 reader before he test my car again just to make sure. All he asked for was a review on yelp! And I think he happen to be the lowest smog price in town. He charges $39.99 all day, if you're in the 951 area, you should definitely check him out. The place is called Lowest Price Smog.

And now a more recent update. I was able to drop my car off to the dealership this morning. Before everyone goes crazy telling me about how much the dealership charges, let me tell you guys, I have a friend that's a tech. He does side jobs for a fairly good price. He replaced my wheel bearing, and now my car rides smooth with no knocking type of noise at all. I could've done the job myself but I have no time, space, nor tools to do it. Living in a apt complex sucks haha. But I can now say, my car is ready for the modding!

DBO867

Reaction score

Update 11/18/2015

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Headlights look good. Too bad about the silicon on the lens, maybe Goof Off or something would remove it. As for the condensation, just means there is a gap in the seal somewhere, so you can either try to find it or just apply more sealant around the whole seam.

DBO867

Reaction score

Headlights look good. Too bad about the silicon on the lens, maybe Goof Off or something would remove it. As for the condensation, just means there is a gap in the seal somewhere, so you can either try to find it or just apply more sealant around the whole seam.

Thanks! i was in a rush yesterday and had to run some last minute errands so i just had to slap everything back together. But ill be taking it apart again next week to paint my highbeam reflectors, so ill take my time to clean and reseal everything

DBO867

Reaction score

Some new updates, its the lil things that count, ya know haha

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Do the the reverse lights make much light behind the car for you to see at night? Meaning do they actually help you see when backing up?

Back