DIY: Clean your IACV

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
Can't you just pick it up there? Cause Majestic is local for you. They wanted 15 bux shipping so i just paid a slight premium and got mine from the dealer.

yesssir...thats what im going to do. item probably not in stock and they are going to try to charge a handling fee or something :boo:

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
You should also mention in the write up not to start the car with the IAC out. The PCM (or ECM as Honda calls it) will have no reference for idle and the engine will over rev. The IAC valve actually works a lot like the stepper motor in a printer. It even does a rail check before start up (just like a printer) to check IAC movement and so that the PCM can gain a reference point to adjust idle from.

Great write up!!

finch13

Reaction score
^ Interesting, I didn't know that!

I'm drawing a blank, but it must be the TPS you unplug and run the engine to set base timing on the F22 (or any motor with an adjustable distributor for that matter)...

CHID0

Reaction score
You should also mention in the write up not to start the car with the IAC out. The PCM (or ECM as Honda calls it) will have no reference for idle and the engine will over rev. The IAC valve actually works a lot like the stepper motor in a printer. It even does a rail check before start up (just like a printer) to check IAC movement and so that the PCM can gain a reference point to adjust idle from.

Great write up!!

Didn't know that, but why would anyone even consider starting the car with a pretty vital component in? :thinking:

None the less good info, I'll add it :)

rwong410

Reaction score
Do you also need to get the air bubbles out of the coolant by taking off the radiator cap and letting the car run since you disconnected the coolant hose?

Back