DIY: Clean your IACV

finch13

Reaction score
If you can pinch off the coolant lines with, what the hell are those locking surgical clamps called?, you shouldn't have to beel it too much. I replaced the t-stat when I did my full cleaning, so I replaced the coolant and bled it. It's quick and never hurts!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
This is wonderful!! Please elaborate on this subject more with pics and video even if you can! Both removal of TB/IM and IACV work!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
If you can pinch off the coolant lines with, what the hell are those locking surgical clamps called?, you shouldn't have to beel it too much. I replaced the t-stat when I did my full cleaning, so I replaced the coolant and bled it. It's quick and never hurts!

Vice grips. Not recommended for pinching arteries though...

finch13

Reaction score
Haha. Yeah, I suggested the surgical ones because they're small to get into tight places but have enough clamping power to hold a coolant hose.

Figured out they're called hemostats:
elastichemostat.jpg

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
speaking about coolant do you guys know where to dump out the extra coolant at?
Ya at your local man hole or sewage drain. lol. JK, I think autoparts have a special dumping place for that.

Haha. Yeah, I suggested the surgical ones because they're small to get into tight places but have enough clamping power to hold a coolant hose.

Figured out they're called hemostats:
elastichemostat.jpg

lol, i can pick my nose with those. Oh ya, the vice grips might be a little rough on the rubber. Maybe put a small cloth around the hose before u clamp it down. If you use vice city grips.

Back