Someone tried to break in today.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Well, after coming out from getting groceries, I know the sound of a plastic door handle hitting metal, including my door handle being hit. My car was locked, glove box, trunk and passthru locked. Midday! heard my passenger side be rattled. I have the standard radio, and nothing in my car anyways. I can't tint my windows yet. I walked upto my car with the guy still there and he began to walk away , couldn't be sure, but was positive was my car. Anyways. I want to add an aftermarket shock sensor to the factory system. I don't care about remote start etc. so i don't want a Viper.. Has it been done on the Accord? If so are there any links? I also had somebody hit my rear fender on my car, nice little dent. No note. nothing. So having this sensor might help.. Never had to worry about it on my saturn. Plastic panels.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Well, after coming out from getting groceries, I know the sound of a plastic door handle hitting metal, including my door handle being hit. My car was locked, glove box, trunk and passthru locked. Midday! heard my passenger side be rattled. I have the standard radio, and nothing in my car anyways. I can't tint my windows yet. I walked upto my car with the guy still there and he began to walk away , couldn't be sure, but was positive was my car. Anyways. I want to add an aftermarket shock sensor to the factory system. I don't care about remote start etc. so i don't want a Viper.. Has it been done on the Accord? If so are there any links? I also had somebody hit my rear fender on my car, nice little dent. No note. nothing. So having this sensor might help.. Never had to worry about it on my saturn. Plastic panels.

Just get a simple 2 way alarm if you want to know when such things happen or a 1 way alarm if you just want the horn/siren to go off as this happens.
Trying to get a shock sensor, which will need a brain/control module to hook up to...to work will be more work then just installing an alarm.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
I almost did, but... black. parking lot, midday, Church just got out? I wanted to be sure, It was behind a panel van but, We all know the sound, And the fact that when i finally saw him, he was over by my car facing my car. So...

Better off to just tint, and keep things put away?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
If you're savvy with wiring, just install an alarm .. I still have my old 1 way viper alarm if you want something like that. A 1 way is pretty much just a deterrent, but if you want a 2 way it'll be a little bit more unless you can do the install yourself.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I'd say 2-way alarm FTW. It can inform you, even if you're watching a movie in a theater. (Quality models usually have 1 mile range communication if there are no signal obstructions.)

I personally think it's wise to invest some money on a security system. A downside you can get by choosing parts for your car that are below-average, is you ending up not meeting your needs for your car (generally speaking). On the other hand downside of choosing a below-average security system is: theft and/or damages to your car, which is something very harsh.

Last edited:

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Would I be able to ditch the factory fob? use as much factory as possible? Like if i did get Viper, I could get remote start and never have to touch anything intrusive, Crappy Security LED light? Just use the factory one etc? I can do wiring. I have no issue with that.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
If you get the Viper 5901/5704 (the Viper 5901 was replaced by the 5704) then you will get a 2 way remote/key fob and it will alert you on the screen when your alarm is going off. You will have a NEW security light on the viper antenna and you can ditch the old LED. For remote start, you will need an imobilizer bypass, and tap into the ignition, which you already have to for the alarm install anyways, so why not. You can also ditch your OEM key fob. IMO, the viper one looks way nicer. I would never go back to oem :p The 1 mile range is also a plus, but not guaranteed depending on weather, and where you're at (e.g. movies, or a building with a lot of walls blocking reception to the car, etc.).

Simkid5614

Reaction score
I'd like to keep the Factory security light.

Call me a purist.

I could use a new fob, But the factory light stays.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Wait, if you have the factory light, don't you already have a security system ?

Back