Sensor broke off with piece of the block :(

Khurrum

Reaction score
So we were changing out a leaky oil pressure sender and I put a wrench on it and it snapped clean off..with a piece of the block....How bad is this..? my mechanic is saying he might be able to tap the hole, install an adapter and fix it..What do you guys think?

Thanks

Khurrum

Reaction score
Have you heard of this happening before? Im super shocked that it actually broke off a piece of the block...

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
If he has both left hand drill bit and bolt extractor he'll get it out, but if that motor is out and I'm assuming its not.

001Stunna

Reaction score
So we were changing out a leaky oil pressure sender and I put a wrench on it and it snapped clean off..with a piece of the block....How bad is this..? my mechanic is saying he might be able to tap the hole, install an adapter and fix it..What do you guys think?

Thanks

Did you or whoever was doing shear off the oil pressure switch or the knock sensor?
Oil pressure switch is right above the oil filter.
Knock sensor is above and a bit to the left.

For the oil pressure switch you usually need a special socket for it...at least I had to get one for mine.

Most people break off the knock sensor though...not O.P.S.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ What he said. Make sure we are talking about the same thing. In any case a simple extractor bit should do the trick, whether the engine is in the car or not. Use a dremel or something.

Back