6th Gen Engine Mount Question.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 1999 6th gen with 65,000 miles. It is a two owner car, the first being my uncle and now me, the second.

When driving, I feel a clunk if I am off the throttle coasting and go back on the throttle. I did the test of park and reverse and revving while watching the engine move with no help.

I replaced the front engine mount about a year ago and it has no cracks. The two on the side look fine too. If I had to, the driver side mount has a small hairline crack in it but does not move, so I am not sure if that is bad.

The rear mount, barely visible, is in this video. I see movement when giving throttle in park, is this normal or do you think I should replace this as it could be the issue?

Thanks in advance!

https://vimeo.com/192404236

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Its hard to really tell from the video, did you try it in drive with E brake on and foot on the brake while reving the motor. You could go ahead and replace it, I don't think they are too expensive. Have you checked out the ball joints, sway bar bushings and strut bushings yet?

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I would if all the other stuff is ok than try doing that mount prolly a PITA to do but might solve your problem.

Back