Boosted Accord Pricing?

bronxkidd

Reaction score
I've got a 98 accord with a rebuilt motor and new turbo parts with a E85 tune ready to happen. When it's all said and done the car will be pushing 350hp on premium gas and close to 400hp+ on E85. Now my car unfortunately has not wanted to start due to low compression in one cylinder, probably the rings or valves or even timing, so I'm picking it up from the shop that's doing the boost build to do some digging and find the no start issue. Now say I don't find the issue and just want to get rid of the car, how much am I looking at getting or how much should I put it up for? I plan on getting it started and keeping it but just trying to weigh out my options just in case....knowing my luck .-.

Thanks for your replies

98acclude

Reaction score
in my opinion... you'd have better luck parting out the turbo setup! otherwise you are gonna get what it's worth which last time I tried to sell my car they werent trying to give me much for mine! lol we just have old beaters... hopefully someone with a better input can shine some light on your day.

capsidx

Reaction score
My h23 accord was up for sale on Craigslist for sale or trade. I was looking for a prelude si to trade it for. My car has a full interior swap, full exhaust and engine swap. I got the following offers and mind you the car ran until the motor blew, which had roughly 20k miles (new h23 is on the way). All of the following were single items from different people
1000 dollars
Stock cg6 with coil overs
Ford probe gt
Dirt bike
Volkswagen something but it was tiny
1500 bucks
2000 civic, 150,000 miles.

Just to give you some perspective lol.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Mileage and condition have more to do with how much you can sell the car for rather than modifications. With a car like this if you want the max amount it's almost always better to return it to stock and part out any aftermarket stuff. But you can always throw it up here and on the FB groups to see what kind of bites you get.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Well depending on how much rust it has might be part of the price. Like someone above said these cars are old and basically are beaters that we love.
That said I've got a running driving 5th gen Accord (a 97) with a 5 speed in it, that's been for sale since May of 2017. I've been asking 1500 for it with only a handful of tire kickers in that time. Maybe I'm asking too much for it, but it's got a new cat back exhaust, timing belts replaced, new fuel pump (Denso), and a full tune up.
I guess what it really comes down to, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

P.S. Are you running the E-85 on MegaSquirt?

Last edited:

bronxkidd

Reaction score
The body is actually in great snap no rust! Painted roughly 2 years ago...And the engine virtually has 0 miles till the flaws are repaired and it gets going i mean I have hbeams in it new pistons new bearings a brand new stage 1 exede clutch all brand spankin new turbo parts all it's missing is the start up...it's like 8k in parts and labor for the turbo build setup so I hope I can get more then just 1,5k for it......

I'm not sure what kind of E85 tune the shop will be running.

capsidx

Reaction score
In this case yours is just like mine. You’ll never get what you put in back. Red was right, maybe a part out would be better but even then you’ll probably only get like 25% back because no one wants to pay even half price for used parts

Enne

Reaction score
Half-done project car that isn't running due to unknown issue... I don't think many people are gonna go for that. Parting out would be an easier sell, just more tedious for you.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Half-done project car that isn't running due to unknown issue... I don't think many people are gonna go for that. Parting out would be an easier sell, just more tedious for you.

Exactly. Like I mentioned, I've got a running, driving 97 that I'm asking 1500 for, and can't sell it. A non-runner with unknown problem(s) is even harder to sell for decent money.

Looking on KBB, my 99 Accord is only worth 450 max. I paid 350 for it, and I've dumped over 1K into it.

Back