SRS light - confusion

MAR387

Reaction score
Hello all -

My SRS light is on and I have talked with several individuals in regards to this: Jason -AFAccord, Drift, etc. I have also posted some stuff in the SRS specific forum, and I am still not sure what to do; so please, don't say to search because I am not a noob.

My mechanic scanned my SRS system at one point (I was at his shop for something else but he checked it for me anyways). He said no issues were present when he performed the scan. With that said, I have seen several diagrams and after I received an email from Drift, he gave me these two images:

srsconnector.jpg

AND:

srsconnector.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems as if the first diagram shows the cord unplugged from the module, and the second diagram shows that cord plugged into the module.

Many have said that the plug, where you can perform the SRS light reset, should just be dangling underneath the dash. Although I have not put 100% effort into searching, since it has been like 20 degres here, I have had no success locating this plug.

So, based off those diagrams, do I need to unplug that cord from the module first and then perform the reset? Thanks for your time.

Back