DIY Main Relay Repair (Intermittent starting issues)

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
Excellent DIY.
If you are looking to just replace the part, you can find it on the on-line microfische at various dealers under the sub-group "control unit cabin". It's the same part for both L4 & V6 cars 39400-S84-003. MSRP ~$60. (less at the right on-line dealer)
The solder solution of course, is almost free.

blackcord

Reaction score
I never knew this happens to the 6th gen. I had this problem on my 4th gen, but I bought a new main relay. Didnt know these could be repaired.

Thanks for sharing your info man.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I think the cruise control box might be in a different place on the V6's. I just replaced the MR on my employees V6 sedan and the relay was right there in the driver side foot well with no obstructions. Just removed the old one, put in the new one and I was done. Took three minutes.

Hopefully this is what fixes it. Car keeps shutting off on him when it warms up and then it's hard to restart. Before he asked me about it he replaced all the plugs and wires, the dist cap and rotor. He then took it into Schaller Honda and I had them do the ignition switch under recall even though it was done before, but still had the same issue. This is the only thing left that I think it could be :crossesfingers:.

Back