My J32A2/6MT -> 2001 V6 Accord Swap Thread

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE 14

J37 IM and cover arrived, still waiting for P2R ...contacted them again, they may have to resend. USPS tracking shows that it's bouncing around sorting centres in Florida for the past two weeks :(

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE 15

Look what came in the mail today, plays nicely with J37 IM too :happy160:

IMG_0269.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice! One of these day's I'd like to lose the subframe spacers and go with the J37 IM. Was this custom TB adapter expensive?

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! One of these day's I'd like to lose the subframe spacers and go with the J37 IM. Was this custom TB adapter expensive?

Let's just put it this way, the cost of the TB adapter, and the two gaskets, was less than then what I got for my stock OEM 160,000 km catalytic converter :)
If you're interested, contact Modern Automotive Performance, they were able to get the TB adapter for $50 (vs. $69.99 on the P2R website) and each gasket for $22. The price for the J37IM, on the other hand, has been inflated due to higher demand, and dwindling supply.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talked to the shop ... even though all parts are in, car won't be ready until the end of next week :nono:
It was easier to wait while there was snow on the ground, not when it's sunny and people are cleaning/polishing their cars :)
Anyways, a little something came in ... to make her return home sweeter.

IMG-20140424-00337.jpg

Last edited:

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Oooo, very nice! You should swing by the shop and pull the instrument cluster out since you have to wait :happy107:

TurboAccord99

Reaction score
Let's just put it this way, the cost of the TB adapter, and the two gaskets, was less than then what I got for my stock OEM 160,000 km catalytic converter :)
If you're interested, contact Modern Automotive Performance, they were able to get the TB adapter for $50 (vs. $69.99 on the P2R website) and each gasket for $22. The price for the J37IM, on the other hand, has been inflated due to higher demand, and dwindling supply.

This made me nervous... got my J37IM in the mail earlier this week.

Last edited:

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
This made me nervous... got my J37IM in the mail earlier this week.

You guys always have so much more selection south of the border ...

In Canada we're limited to being raped by either the stealership +13% tax, or the select few online US retailers that are willing to ship to Canada, and then get gang raped by shipping, duty, and USD/CAD exchange rate.

Glad you were able to get yours, mine had to be shipped across the country, literally, from British Columbia!

danmccormick87

Reaction score

In Canada we're limited to being raped by either the stealership +13% tax, or the select few online US retailers that are willing to ship to Canada, and then get gang raped by shipping, duty, and USD/CAD exchange rate.

Glad you were able to get yours, mine had to be shipped across the country, literally, from British Columbia!

You guys need to find a CG member that is across the border, ship to them, and then meet up and pick up. If you are further, maybe have them ship from inside Canada to help alleviate cost? Just a thought...

EastSideRide

Reaction score

Since your up in tdot, do what my brother does. Buy a P.O Box in the US near Niagara Falls and have everything shipped there. Even though many times he send stuff to me then I'm taking it up to him lol

Back