paint or no paint?

accord02se

Reaction score
alright so i hit a dog a while back in my 02 accord se and it tore the right side piece of just the bumper off,i am wondering if i should buy a bumper off of ebay for around 100 bucks shipped and get it painted at the school of technology down the road for like 50 or 60 bucks or just buy one painted off of ebay for like 250 or 270 with free shipping?anyone know where i can get like a gallon of firepepper red paint?and also my rear bumper has a cracked clearcoat from the previous owner and was wondering how much paint would be needed to repaint the front and rear bumper together?

accord02se

Reaction score
it ran out from behind a tractor,if it would have run straight across the road it would have been fine but it went to the middle of the road the decided to change directions

dcmystery21

Reaction score
you can go to paint shops and have them match the color. i would have that school do it because you cant trust ebay with stuff like that. plus you save money to buy whoever a new dog :thumbup:

botang47

Reaction score
If the clear coat is the only damage on your rear bumper, you should be able to use high grit sand paper to sand it down and then shoot a few more coats of clear on it. Just make sure you know what you're doing.

I too am interested in the fate of this dog. If someone hit my kitty cat I'd be so pissed

accord02se

Reaction score
the dog ran away so for what happened to it,i dont know.ya it sucks to hit one ive had my animals hit and its not a good feeling

i dont know if im confident in sanding down the bumper so ill probably let the school do it

tunerbum147

Reaction score
get the raw one. have the school paint it. they will do a good job for cheap. becuase i bet the teacher wont let them do it without doing it right. and have them fix the rear bumper at the same time. it will come out with sanding if it is juts cracked like botang said but dont patch it. re clear the whole thing other wise you will see the blend.

Back