H22 swap but no vtec

Drift

Reaction score
Theres a possibility that the wires may be kind of screwed, but as for the ecu I was using the h22 that came with the engine. CEL came on so I swapped it with an ecu that was tuned with crome. I guess im going back to the shop on tuesday.

What was the CEL for? Did you just pull the ECU without even doing an preliminary diag?

Kaskiat

Reaction score
Before my swap I had the cel light on so I got it checked. It said that it was my O2 sensor. I didnt worry about it because I was going to get my engine swapped out and I was getting rid of one of the sensors anyways. That code is gone now and now I have these two codes. Now not disagreeing with you but if my soleniod has power going to it, and the grounds good and everything why would the wires be messed up? definetly going to get it checked out though. Is it possible that because my fuel supply code is going up it might be throwing the vtec code as well. Because the way I understand it, you get up to higher rpms, you need more fuel and maybe my car isnt putting out sufficient enough fuel that it could make the vtec not work? Maybe kind of stupid but im just trying to figure this out.

jaron001

Reaction score
also the accord fuel pump is more then enough for the h22 i forget what i did for my vtec wiring but i know mine didnt work at the first start up. i have a h22 swapped 98 accord and did all the work my self from wiring to the swap

Kaskiat

Reaction score
Well tried another program on the on it, still sets off the cel light so the program isnt the problem. Getting another ecu and im going to do an oil pressure test because my oil light sometimes starts to flash. But I check it and its fine and I just changed it 2 weeks ago. So i figure that they may be related. Any thoughts?

Drift

Reaction score
Well tried another program on the on it, still sets off the cel light so the program isnt the problem. Getting another ecu and im going to do an oil pressure test because my oil light sometimes starts to flash. But I check it and its fine and I just changed it 2 weeks ago. So i figure that they may be related. Any thoughts?

Do you have an oil pressure gauge? Maybe the swapped motor has a bad oil pump and thats causing all of your issues.

Kaskiat

Reaction score
My old man has a oil pressure gauge gonna try it out tomorrow, and its a JDM motor so ive been told its from a '95 lude

Kaskiat

Reaction score
So here's the update. At 0, 3000, and 5000 rpm I am at 5 psi for oil pressure. Great eh? So dropped my car off at my dads and we were crossing our fingers hoping it was the pressure relief valve. Turns out they guys that did my swap lifted the engine by the oil pan and dented it badly enough that it is holding this valve shut. Gonna pop this dent out hopefully this weekend and hopefully it solves the vtec problem.

Back