Megan header gasket HELP

shrek78

Reaction score
hey guys i just got some Megan headers on my car 3 months ago for my l4 and the gasket that connects to the down pipe already messed up i was wondering where can i go to buy some new ones that will last i been looking around and i have not been able to find none plz guys help me out i hate the smell of exhaust fumes when i am at a red light

redlinevtec

Reaction score
hey guys i just got some Megan headers on my car 3 months ago for my l4 and the gasket that connects to the down pipe already messed up i was wondering where can i go to buy some new ones that will last i been looking around and i have not been able to find none plz guys help me out i hate the smell of exhaust fumes when i am at a red light

Go to the parts store and buy Permatex Ultra Copper. It's about $6.99 at AutoZone or Oreillys. Use that instead of gaskets. It's a high temp copper gasket sealer. I have it on my DC headers and Apexi Ws1 catback. No leaks. Get both sides of the metal and connect. Let it dry for about an hour and then start your car. This can be used on 5 6thgens or more.

shrek78

Reaction score
how does it come ? is it like metal or do i have to use the old gasket thats messed up sorry noob lol

001Stunna

Reaction score
^ its like glue that dries that forms a gasket lol, it'd probably be nice if you could scrape the old gasket off

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Go to the parts store and buy Permatex Ultra Copper. It's about $6.99 at AutoZone or Oreillys. Use that instead of gaskets. It's a high temp copper gasket sealer. I have it on my DC headers and Apexi Ws1 catback. No leaks. Get both sides of the metal and connect. Let it dry for about an hour and then start your car. This can be used on 5 6thgens or more.

This is what I used after blowing out my gasket. It wont last forever but it will outlast those cheap megan gaskets.

Back