*NEW* ROTM Format...All Members Read!!!

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
New ROTM Format as of December 2011

Nomination process:

Each member will be responsible to look at the upcoming themes{http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25501}. They can then decide if one of these themes is worth qualifying for. So in order to be up for nomination you must fill out the nomination form(below in quote box) and pm it to YounGLeMoN. Since the themes will be given months in advance this will give each member time to submit the pics, questions, mods, etc. These can be updated but the initial pics, mods, etc must meet our qualifications. If you know of a member that would be good for a certain ROTM, send them a pm. The more competition the better.

Then about 2 or 3 weeks before the ROTM i will gather all of the nominees for that theme and we will narrow them down to 4. You MUST have your application complete by this time. These nominees will be narrowed down by the admin/mod staff along with a few previous ROTM winners. If the theme does not have atleast 4 members a month in advance then either a new theme will be added or that ROTM will have no theme and previous ROTM nominees will be up for voting.

Voting:
After this has been done a thread will be opened for all members to choose who will be the Ride of the Month (ROTM). If possible there will also be a email sent out reminding the members to vote. Once the week is over, the member with the most votes will be given the ROTM title. Incase of a tie, the Admin/Mod staff will choose the winner if deemed necessary.

Qualifications:
To be qualified to be picked for ROTM you must have the following things.
-Have been registered for 2+ months
-Must have a minimum of 50 posts
-Have been active over the past week
-Must have a thread in the Members Ride section
-No Admin/Mod can be nominated
-Must wait a year to be up for nomination after you win

Winner:
The winner will be granted title of ROTM for the two months following the voting.

Application must have the following:
ATLEAST 10 high quality photos (no camera phones/low quality photos)
Some knowledge on how to take photos
A mod list of their car

QUESTIONS: (LIST THE THEME YOU WISH TO QUALIFY FOR)
1. Is this your first car?
2. How did you end up with the accord?
3. When did you first start modifying cars?
4. Did you run into any problems along the way when you were modifying stuff?
5. Why do you do it? Why not leave it stock?
6. What other mods do you have planned for the car?
7. Any other cars you're tinkering with?
8. What's your favorite thing about your car, specifically? Which money do you feel was your best investment?
9. Is there anybody you would like to credit or thank for helping you along the way?
If the winner can not follow the rules, they will not be allowed to be up for voting.

Any problems in the process of picking the ROTM will be solved by the 6thgenaccord Staff. Any questions or comments can be guided towards them or 00Accord4cyl. There will be NO tolerance of flaming the winning member or anything similar.

Thanks,

Eric
6thgenaccord ROTM coordinator

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Thanks...lots of reading but i needed to explain lots...This will obviously be on a trial period since it may not work

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Updated a few things...Added a deadline to submit the application for each ROTM...ALSO if you know of a member that would be good for a ROTM maybe send them a pm to remind them. I know some people just do not pay attention to this kinda stuff.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I like the change. I feel like I've seen some of the same names over and over again, kind of makes ROTM meaningless at that point. Nice work. I just may enter, lol.

Back