H22 swap but no vtec

Kaskiat

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all but I'll tell you what I know and where I am stuck at. I had the swap done in August and I was pretty happy except for the fact that my cel came on. I put in a new ecu tuned by crome and the cel kind of went away. It stays off untill I really put my foot into it. So I went to honda and one of the guys that I know checked it for me and said I have codes 21 and 43. Focusing on the vtec solenoid code I took it apart and the filters were cleaned and not damaged, so we checked to see if it was getting power to it and sure enough it was. SO heres where I stand could it just be that the soleniod is crap? I know its hard to tell me whats wrong with my car without looking at it but any help is accepted. And dont tell me to search because that has already been done. Thanks in advanced.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
does your speedo, coolant gauge read? have plenty of oil?

start eliminating all variables that involves vtec

Kaskiat

Reaction score
Speedo's good, coolants good, oil was just changed again last week. I am still doing research on it turns out a few guys have had this problem but no solution has been brought up.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Then you have something wrong with your wiring. You need to figure out whoever did the wiring for your engin, or the tune.

Kaskiat

Reaction score
Theres a possibility that the wires may be kind of screwed, but as for the ecu I was using the h22 that came with the engine. CEL came on so I swapped it with an ecu that was tuned with crome. I guess im going back to the shop on tuesday.

Back