f22 header on f23

RallyMachine

Reaction score
i picked up a dc 4-2-1 header for a f22b1 today for 30 bucks :cool:. I know it will bolt to the f23 head alright and that the downpipe flange is different, but was wondering if anyone on here has tried it before.

will I neeed to get the downpipe extended or just get a new flange on it? also, for those of you who have the o2 bung relocated further down on the downpipe, did you use an extension or splice and extend the wires yourself? thanks.

RallyMachine

Reaction score
i know that it will fit into the head cause the gasket is the same.

I know that the flange is different but was wondering if the correct one could just be welded on or if i would need an extension welded on as well

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
I am unsure that it will fit..

f22b1 is a f23 head on a f22 block, so it will match port wise.

probably no one has tried to make it fit since the f23 has alot of cheap 4-2-1 headers that they can buy online

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Kind of a side note, but does this also mean that an F22B1 intake manifold will also fit? I'd love to find an aftermarket one of those..

Conversely, this means that F22B1 ramhorn manifold would also fit for us? Seems like there is much more support for the F22's than the F23's when it comes to both of these components.

Last edited:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Kind of a side note, but does this also mean that an F22B1 intake manifold will also fit? I'd love to find an aftermarket one of those..

Conversely, this means that F22B1 ramhorn manifold would also fit for us? Seems like there is much more support for the F22's than the F23's when it comes to both of these components.

odds are, most f22 aftermarket stuff is meant for the true f22...i.e. non vtec cb7 stuff

jeffpanya

Reaction score
F22 same ports as f23? I always thought they would be different. Hmmmm

Back