Mike's 02 Accord coupe V6

Mikeymike823

Reaction score
Hey guys! So here is my 02 accord. It started off as a stock black coupe then eventually things changed and she got a whole complete makeover haha 118k original miles and counting. Glad to be apart of the site! Well hope you like her :)

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Looking good! Completing the side & rear lip will set it off nicely.

What wheel are those? On coilovers? Your next plan? ← (You should follow the MR thread format on your OP. ;))

Mikeymike823

Reaction score
Its hard to tell by the paint and horrible pics lol but I do have the sides already. Look at the 3rd black car pic. And there redline ccw reps on raceland coilovers. Going to order rear lip this Friday but next plan is exhaust and better coilovers

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Its hard to tell by the paint and horrible pics lol but I do have the sides already. Look at the 3rd black car pic. And its on raceland coilovers. Going to order rear lip this Friday but next plan is exhaust and better coilovers
Oh, my bad lol. I see it!

Assuming that you'll most likely be getting BR's poly lip to complete the look, there are two suggestions for you, based on my experience on this particular rear lip:

The rear lip is gonna be difficult to be mounted flush (mounting it along w/ the thin line on your bumper), and there are a lot of times ppl end up mounting it at the bottom of that line.

1) When you receive the rear lip, by looking at the back of it, you'll be able to tell that the lip was welded together from 3 pieces. There will be 2 sections at the corner, where the pieces were welded, and you might see some small chunks of remainder of welded spots being lumpy. If you happened to see those spots, I'd recommend you shave them off 'n smooth it out, so that the whole corner of the rear lip completely makes a fine contact w/ your rear bumper. Even if you do this, the lip might be a tight fit, but just to give you the heads-up.

2) The right side of the rear lip (say, from the rear side marker to the end of the section, when it's mounted) tends to look sagged down a bit. It's b/c that particular section tends to be inwards, when they made it. You can use a hair dryer / heat gun to warm up the piece 'n re-shape it, prior to the paint job. If it's difficult to see what I mean, PM me. I can show you other member's pic as an example.

Side note: Avoid making a long time exposure under the UV from the sun, since polyurethane is vulnerable to it and, deforms easily when you leave the piece in an improper placement, regardless of being under the sunlight. (i.e. leaving it in your trunk in an odd shape over night.) Some ppl end up mounting them on their cars for a long time w/o having them painted for various reasons, but it's actually better to paint them right away, after test-fitting them.

Poly lip is great b/c it will never crack / break, but it can deform easily, until you securely mount it. I treated it like it was an ABS plastic, when I got mine.

Sry for the long essay. I was just bored lol. Plz keep that in your mind; That's all. ;) And, good luck!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What's the name of that color? Almost looks like Black Currant Pearl in some pics. Car looks great!

Mikeymike823

Reaction score
Thanks really appreciate it Richard! That really helps. I will keep that in mind when I order it and Red Ryder it's a plum pearl with added flake to it. Don't exactly know what flakes were added but I love how it came out!
And Andrew no engine plans as of now. I Just have an intake that's about it haha

Last edited:

305S0L

Reaction score
:worthy::worthy::worthy:

your coupe is perfect. keep it up!
It funny how our wheel selection is so similar!

CokeZero

Reaction score
Looks great.

There is a sedan in the local parts yard that is a factory color similar to that.

Back