Push Button ignition

datechboss101

Reaction score
Yep, I'm getting lazier and lazier with pulling out the key from my pocket (God dam it Trump and stupid non-car people and F1 racers). I know that MCM done an episode on doing this, but did any of you guys did this modification of your CG?

datechboss101

Reaction score
I am sure photobucket removed the video of how the car is running and the pictures of what was being used. Also, I am considering to install a kill switch, just to be safe and not have my car stolen.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I installed a push button ignition. Total cost was around 11 dollars. There is a kill switch also. Parts came from the Autopoarts store.

It's really simple. The key still has to be in for the chip. All I'm doing is manually powering the starter solenoid.

I got fed up with the ignition switch going out again. So I said screw it lets just push button it, took about an hour.

I'm an electrician so I have plenty of wire around .

datechboss101

Reaction score
I installed a push button ignition. Total cost was around 11 dollars. There is a kill switch also. Parts came from the Autopoarts store.

It's really simple. The key still has to be in for the chip. All I'm doing is manually powering the starter solenoid.

I got fed up with the ignition switch going out again. So I said screw it lets just push button it, took about an hour.

I'm an electrician so I have plenty of wire around .

Is there a way to have both the push button and key as an option? Something that Mercedes Benz does with their older models that have push button ignition.

For the kill switch, to which fuse or power source did you connected it to? I was thinking about doing mine to the fuel pump fuse and then get another fuel pump fuse so that new fuse can be in use if the fuel pump goes bad.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I had to go to work the next day and it was late. So I just tapped off the main 100A fuse which is a serious no no if you don't know how to route wires safely.

I will make a tap block and fuse it accordingly later this summer.

I would not tap off the fuel pump fuse or anything that is essential to run the vehicle. You can always just get an inline fuse from the autoparts store for a few bucks.

datechboss101

Reaction score
I had to go to work the next day and it was late. So I just tapped off the main 100A fuse which is a serious no no if you don't know how to route wires safely.

I will make a tap block and fuse it accordingly later this summer.

I would not tap off the fuel pump fuse or anything that is essential to run the vehicle. You can always just get an inline fuse from the autoparts store for a few bucks.

What's the best fuse to connect the kill switch connection to? Also, where did you installed the switch itself in the car?

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing mine to the fuel pump fuse and then get another fuel pump fuse so that new fuse can be in use if the fuel pump goes bad.

Do you mean adding a 2nd fuel pump fuse in case you blow the first fuel pump fuse? If the pump goes bad, it's kaput, and needs a new pump.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Do you mean adding a 2nd fuel pump fuse in case you blow the first fuel pump fuse? If the pump goes bad, it's kaput, and needs a new pump.
Yes, I do mean adding a 2nd fuel pump fuse, so the main one that is in the fuse box isn't affected at all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back