What'd you do to your accord today?

phi1542

Reaction score
I wanna wrap my tundra one of these days...gotta clay bar it first
Get one of those clay pads from Amazon. I use that now and it's so much faster and easier to use than the traditional clay bar. If you drop it you don't have to throw it away just rinse it. Only like 20 bucks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gradfien

Reaction score
I started modifying a obx racing ram horn turbo manifold(for 5th gen.) to work in my car. My old log style one warped and kept leaking.
ca5d563c48e84b19e0a1f693632c98cc.jpg

capsidx

Reaction score
I started modifying a obx racing ram horn turbo manifold(for 5th gen.) to work in my car. My old log style one warped and kept leaking.
ca5d563c48e84b19e0a1f693632c98cc.jpg
Man that's one dirty motor lol but I would imagine the leaking oil from the turbo didn't help. Nice setup by the way. Stock Pistons and rods or upgraded? I'll have to hunt down your thread if you have one

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Gradfien

Reaction score
Man that's one dirty motor lol but I would imagine the leaking oil from the turbo didn't help. Nice setup by the way. Stock Pistons and rods or upgraded? I'll have to hunt down your thread if you have one

i still have stock internals. I find it funny how much people comment on my engine bay being dirty. What do you expect the engine bay of a 250k mile car to look like. I work as a mechanic and my engine bay is cleaner than most cars older than 05. maybe it has to do with the valve cover color. Anyway I have always been of the all go no show camp.

capsidx

Reaction score
i still have stock internals. I find it funny how much people comment on my engine bay being dirty. What do you expect the engine bay of a 250k mile car to look like. I work as a mechanic and my engine bay is cleaner than most cars older than 05. maybe it has to do with the valve cover color. Anyway I always been of the all go no show camp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
I mean my engine has almost 200,000 and I think it's pretty damn clean. I think we comment on how dirty it is because when we think turbo Honda motors we expect painted plumbing and a clean bay ( my opinion ) lol . I didn't mean to offend I just like clean motors. Ever since I scrubbed mine down it's just something I noticed now more than before.

Gradfien

Reaction score
I mean my engine has almost 200,000 and I think it's pretty damn clean. I think we comment on how dirty it is because when we think turbo Honda motors we expect painted plumbing and a clean bay ( my opinion ) lol . I didn't mean to offend I just like clean motors. Ever since I scrubbed mine down it's just something I noticed now more than before.

I meant it when i said I find it funny

I would love to clean up my engine bay but it is my daily driver and it takes alot of time. I hate driving my bacup car just because it's an auto. Ill probably do some cleaning/painting when I have everything working. Any good cleaning products you recomend?

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
It's usually best to finish up a project before you clean and undermine yourself with more work. Especially with a leaky turbo lol. My suggestion is gunk engine degreaser , super clean and a small wire brush, takes a bit but really gets all the baked on stuff off and makes the aluminum shine. So you've had no problems running boost on stock internals?

Gradfien

Reaction score
It's usually best to finish up a project before you clean and undermine yourself with more work. Especially with a leaky turbo lol. My suggestion is gunk engine degreaser , super clean and a small wire brush, takes a bit but really gets all the baked on stuff off and makes the aluminum shine. So you've had no problems running boost on stock internals?

Not realy any problems with internals but it definently has more blowby. My pvc vent filter is soaked with engine oil I think I need a oil catch can for the vent also. Also on the topic of cleaning is there a way to keep stainless exhaust shiny it always looks so nice when installed and then gets dark and matte after a couple heat cycles.

capsidx

Reaction score
Stainless polish would definitely help the Sheen issue but theres nothing I'm really aware of to keep the exhaust from changing color. They're really​ sensitive because you can't really clean them much because they scratch easy. My Megan racing headers have a finger print on them that got baked on from the mechanic who fabed my exhaust system up. I think someone else would probable chime in if they know of something lol. But good info on the internals. I was planning on doing mild boost soon but I want to bullet proof the motor just because it's high mileage and I don't want to subject it to the stress .

Back