Bubble

tnguyen600

Reaction score
Hey, I'm looking to pick up a set of wheels next week over in Fairfax, VA. Decent set of wheels, nice summer tires on there, decent tread left, decent price. Only problem besides some curb rash is that there is a bubble on the sidewall of the one tire. The guy says that it hasn't given him any problems etc.

Well I be ok with driving around with a bubble on the sidewall of the tire or do I need to replace it asap?

changaroo

Reaction score
get it replaced, its not worth risking your car / your life / someone elses life over a ~$100 dollar tire.

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
+1

Bubbles are created when the steel belt on the inside of the tire splits. If that tire blows at highways speeds you'll be ****ed.

nixed007

Reaction score
I have seen people put 20,000 on after a bubble showed up (fyi) but i would still recommend replacing it when you get the chance. meaning i would make it a priority but i wouldn't over concern myself with it.

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
or you stick a needle in it and slowly drain the air out, you can repeat this whenever new bubbles form.

it worked great for me on my pirelli tires :)

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
^ the only problem with that is that it doesnt fix the damage done to the sidewall internally.

when you get bubbles on your tires, you really should have them replaced asap.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
bubbles are considered factory defects... most tire shops will prorate the mileage on the tire towards the purchase of a new tire... if u r lucky, some shops may even replace them for free....

i'm one of teh lucky bastards :hide:

nyknick1015

Reaction score
bubbles are common yet they are dangerous... people drive on them but its not suggested

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Don't put those new wheels/tires on in Fairfax. Put em in your car and drive back with what you're on now, then get replace the one tire. :beer:

Back