Project CRX Si

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
sounds like a headache ... any plans on picking up another car aside from the crx?

Headache yes.

Well I still got the Accord shell in Back ( gotta wait till spring to haul it away ) I mostley use my Toyota Corolla, The CRX is on the lawn now for the winter. If I really wanted to I could fly and spend the money to bring down my 4 Runner. But I'm gonna pay off some debt.

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
hmm...

i cant seem to figure out where $10k went tho.

Well I took out 8K for the car, bought the car for 6900, Ended up getting winter tires and rims, taxes etc cost me close to 8K.

Was 1200$ for pretty much for the Cat back, New Cat, Header, 1200$ for my 17" rims and tires, Picked up a Set of 18's for 1000$, Service bills for it, 4 New struts, ball joints etc labor over 90$/Hr, 3 Set of head lights, Sway bars, tie bars, etc etc etc 1000$ for the body parts from when I was in a accident ( bumper, hood, rad, filler pieces etc ) Prices up here are more then down in the states. 400$ for a clutch kit, 400$ for a tranny, I bought a H22A for it, so it all added up.

Last edited:

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
I live in TAX me to Hell Canada 14% Taxes on everything. Taxed 40% off my pay, Everything is expensive and overpriced $1.02 for a L of gas ( 3.8L in a US Gallon ) 10$ for a pack of smokes, But if you try to bring stuff up from the states ended up costing you the same as going to the local ricer car shop.

CRX are getting rare up here, hard to find a decent one without playing 4-5K for a 20 year old car. I always wanted one and the Accord just was not doing it for me anymore. Slow *** 4 door car that needed 300 WHP just to keep up with civics and yes I drove in some 500HP AWD cars that scared the **** out of me but was not in my budget.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Alright, as you told me before, you picked up a CRX, apparently, it's note everyone's cup of tea, and not everyone is going to agree with your decision.

Ultimately, it's your decision, I'm sure as this project moves along, as you are hoping it will, it may even impress some of the critics in here, with the problems you were having with the manual swap on the Accord, I would have possibly considered getting the tranny replaced(under warranty) and hung on to the Accord.

To each their own, hope we don't read another post about you deciding to scrap the CRX project because it wasn't going as planned and then picking up yet another Accord. Guess you wouldn't have known that was going to happen, if you didn't try.

Just out of curiousity, did you try looking in to sourcing out a JDM CRX from other parts of Canada even?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ Er... isn't it a bit early to be bashing someones opinion?

When's the last time YOU launched a 500whp STi? My guess is you're going to tell me about your friends subaru or evo blah blah blah, if you ever had raw ingenuity, patience, and skillful hands, you WOULD be saying built not bought.

Tyrell is an OG, he was bringing his 6th gen to car shows before your brain even conceived the notion that black with polished lip was creative. Not to mention I think he's one of the only to do a photoshoot of a transit bus :lawl:

I'm sorry, I normally don't go out and attack people, but he clearly didn't provoke you in any way, yet you still had to be an e-thug.

Well said. :coffee: :haysm9:

No need to keep bashing em for sharing his decision with us, WTF fools!

Last edited:

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
nah no plans for another Accord maybe as a winterbeater... Think I moved to the right side. My accord yes I was having manual swap issues. Mostley ECU/wiring. But after I parted out my accord I realized my shifter cable was cut, oh well nightmare is gone. I love my CRX I already bought some parts for it, Strut Bars, Tie Bars, 1.8" drop springs, new shifter bushings. Its the fastest car Ive own and super fun to drive. Accord moding is not that popular down where I live so well I got a one and only, sucked getting parts.

I wont give up on this CRX, Buddy gave me a new B18A and tranny. Hopefully if money goes well, start building that for Boost. I plan to drag race this car so It should be fun.

Yeah I love to get a JDM front end for it but don't want to know how much that will cost....

00accord91

Reaction score
i like crx's if done up nice and judging by ur accord this shud b a piece of cake...whu cares wut other ppl think about ur decision cuz at the end of the day accords are still slow and heavy...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhghRPqLhP8 an accord wud never touch this crx not even a sti phh lol good luck wit ur project bro

sikjdm

Reaction score
:henry:
This honestly looks like a car you would abuse and rip in while you deliver pizzas.

you mean LS swap. And im sorry, 130hp isnt fast a 2000lb vehicle, it may be fun but not fast.

Try launching a 500whp STI and tell me what you think is "hella fast".

My guess is your going to tell me about your friends subaru or evo blah blah blah, if you ever felt raw power, you wouldnt be saying 130hp is hella fast. LMAO.

you seem to think that no car is fast enough for you or something. all you do is just bash on peoples threads..

w/e.

and to the op, good luck with all this! i would like a crx to f with for fun one day!

Back