H22 Swap

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Ok Guys the f23 tranny, is too slow for me. Any ideas? Would like an h22 tranny w/ Tall 5th. gear for highway. What parts would you need to do a tranny swap? i need to do clutch sometime in the future so thought i would knock this out as well.

i don't know how to read gear ratio's but i hope this helps

TransmissionCodesRatios.jpg

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
The h22 tranny is a little more responsive and torque. But with the 5th. gear they have you can only cruise at like 65mph w/out doing any damage. SO to fix that i was going to swap an accord 5th. gear. Its a little taller and with it you can run at 80mph no problem. But i thought maybe while i'm at it maybe i should should put better gears in while i'm doing 5th.? Used to drive a 5th. g accord and a 4th. g lude. So i'm not sure if the tranny is direct swap to 6th. gen?

Drift

Reaction score
The h22 tranny is a little more responsive and torque. But with the 5th. gear they have you can only cruise at like 65mph w/out doing any damage. SO to fix that i was going to swap an accord 5th. gear. Its a little taller and with it you can run at 80mph no problem. But i thought maybe while i'm at it maybe i should should put better gears in while i'm doing 5th.? Used to drive a 5th. g accord and a 4th. g lude. So i'm not sure if the tranny is direct swap to 6th. gen?

wat? damage? huh?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
my t2w4 is said to be around 4k rpm at 80mph ... that's 800rpm more than the f23 5 speed ... i'm not worried

Erik123456789

Reaction score
The h22 tranny on the f23 owns and so far no damage done? lol. :D
It's probably the best upgrade I've done besides boost lol. I love it so much, fifth gear feels as strong (if not stronger) than the f23's fourth gear.

I do cruise around 70mph though but not because I'm scared it'll do some damage, It just gets louder at around 80mph (4,000rpm).
Other than that.. I love the HUGE increase in responsiveness of EVERY single gear.

Last edited:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
It's probably the best upgrade I've done besides boost lol. I love it so much, fifth gear feels as strong (if not stronger) than the f23's fourth gear.

I do cruise around 70mph though but not because I'm scared it'll do some damage, It just gets louder at around 80mph (4,000rpm).
Other than that.. I love the HUGE increase in responsiveness of EVERY single gear.

Thats the OBD1 tranny? or any H22 tranny? Just curious.

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
wat? damage? huh?

I was told over time that if you cruise in 5th. over 70 mph that it would cause damage to the gear.

my t2w4 is said to be around 4k rpm at 80mph ... that's 800rpm more than the f23 5 speed ... i'm not worried

Yeah, you shouldn't be. It wont cause any damage.
Ok i was told WRONG then.

Well i'm going to do a h22 tranny swap. Is it worth it to get the m2a4 and Rebiuld it. Or just get the h22 w/ Lsd? And is it a direct swap? did you have to modify anything?

Last edited:

Drift

Reaction score
Well i'm going to do a h22 tranny swap. Is it worth it to get the m2a4 and Rebiuld it. Or just get the h22 w/ Lsd? And is it a direct swap? did you have to modify anything?

If you are planning on swapping in an H22 tranny, I wont bother unless you use the LSD tranny. It is the absolute BEST mod you can do for a FWD car. Forget the swaps, forget the turbos, a good LSD tranny will do wonders for the handling of the car.

Back