Turbo In, now i have questions(...?)

Chorilored

Reaction score
So I installed my turbo yesterday and now i have a few questions.
while i was test driving it, (cautiously) at one point i heard a muffled "Pop" it was decently loud and sounded "rubbery". Right after, my RPM's went from 2.5k to 1k back to 2.5k and so on for about 3 seconds on its own, but then after that it idled fine. what could that have been? anyone experienced this before?
next question is about the fuel pump, anyone know what the max psi the stock fuel pump can reach? or if not should i just buy a better pefroming one, if so which would be better?
TRE Fuel Pumps vs. Walbro
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0Q...330542539190QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMESINDXXQ3aIT
last question is about smoking while on there is a lil smoke coming from the downpipe flange area, is that normal?
and sorry to dissapoint but im running FMU with stock ecu and check valve, only looking for about 200whp im trying this method out first.
btw no CEL and i know ill see "get a tune!" but i want to see if i can make it work with what i got :(
thx guys ill have more questions later on.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Re: Turbo Installed, now i have some questions

Don't worry about the popping sound, it usually happens when you let go of the gas right? My car had the same situation.. Some people thought it was cammed because sometimes it would even do it at idle, but for some reason that's what it does. It also may have to do with tune, or lack thereof. The smoking from flange/gasket areas should go away. Try tightening down those areas evenly and make sure all gaskets are seated properly. After spooling around, tiny areas may come together and seal themselves, but again make sure everything is tight. Get the Walbro fuel pump.. get rid of the stock one. If you can afford it, upgrade your injectors too. Not sure what PSI stock fuel pump can handle.

About the popping and RPMs dropping, it probably has to do with air/fuel tuning and idle control.

$100 is a good deal SHIPPED for the Walbro pump.. But if you look around more, especially on google shopping I'm sure you can find a better one. I got mine for $65 shipped and brand new.

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

you need a wideband gauge to be safe and know what your air fuel is before you go boosting around.
The smoke should stop.its new piping and gaskets so as stated above,just settling.
check your missing link and make sure its sealed right.
but most likely you have a vacuum leak causing the RPMS to fluctuate,what happend to mine when I knocked off a vac. cap off my IM.

Chorilored

Reaction score

Don't worry about the popping sound, it usually happens when you let go of the gas right? My car had the same situation.. Some people thought it was cammed because sometimes it would even do it at idle, but for some reason that's what it does. It also may have to do with tune, or lack thereof. The smoking from flange/gasket areas should go away. Try tightening down those areas evenly and make sure all gaskets are seated properly. After spooling around, tiny areas may come together and seal themselves, but again make sure everything is tight. Get the Walbro fuel pump.. get rid of the stock one. If you can afford it, upgrade your injectors too. Not sure what PSI stock fuel pump can handle.

About the popping and RPMs dropping, it probably has to do with air/fuel tuning and idle control.

$100 is a good deal SHIPPED for the Walbro pump.. But if you look around more, especially on google shopping I'm sure you can find a better one. I got mine for $65 shipped and brand new.

Thanx alot for the info Nikita, ill look into getting the fuel pump

Chorilored

Reaction score

you need a wideband gauge to be safe and know what your air fuel is before you go boosting around.
The smoke should stop.its new piping and gaskets so as stated above,just settling.
check your missing link and make sure its sealed right.
but most likely you have a vacuum leak causing the RPMS to fluctuate,what happend to mine when I knocked off a vac. cap off my IM.

Thanx alot dude, I got an AEM wide band, fuel press., oil press, volt and boost/vaccume gauges. Ill make sure to check if there are any blown off vaccume caps and the missing link.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score

Price of that walbro is normal, it's not a rip-off nor a good deal but at least it's shipped. It's what I'm running on my car right now.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

but make sure its an authentic walbro..they have alot of imitations online!

Back